Carothers and Guns

oL17by4.png

still looking around, but it looks like a scope could be mounted. I do like (the idea of) having iron sights

still looking around, but it looks like a scope could be mounted. I do like (the idea of) having iron sights

I was actually wondering if a scope could still be mounted with those sights? I'm def with you on the flexibility of having iron sights in addition to the scope but the route which I went (M1A Scout in 7.62 x 51 caliber) will not fit the purposes which you have in mind. In an alternative universe I dream about living in big, wide and open spaces where I own a couple of long range rifles with pretty good reputation for serious knock down oomph. I ain't no hunter but then again, I don't wanna be mauled by critters like feral hugs and similar assholes.

this lil guy only has a 20" barrel and weighs a bit under 6 1/2#
4 rd capacity but I can't imagine I would need more than four 30 calibre bullets at one time
I think it's cool how wide the compatibility range of grain weights is. Will probably get a case of 125gr to start out with

definitely gotta watch out for feral hugs, although I'd probably accept one of yours just because

this lil guy only has a 20" barrel and weighs a bit under 6 1/2#
4 rd capacity but I can't imagine I would need more than four 30 calibre bullets at one time
I think it's cool how wide the compatibility range of grain weights is. Will probably get a case of 125gr to start out with

definitely gotta watch out for feral hugs, although I'd probably accept one of yours just because
I looked through a couple posts and didn’t see which caliber you chose but by your comment about 4-30 rounds being plenty I’m assuming it’s a .308. If so, check out the Barnes Vortex TTSP in 168 grain. They’re the solid copper rounds that are tipped like a varmint load, exceptionally accurate in everything I’ve shot them through.

I looked through a couple posts and didn’t see which caliber you chose but by your comment about 4-30 rounds being plenty I’m assuming it’s a .308. If so, check out the Barnes Vortex TTSP in 168 grain. They’re the solid copper rounds that are tipped like a varmint load, exceptionally accurate in everything I’ve shot them through.
30 calibre springfield

man, I'm actually gettin a little itchy for that rifle. I haven't ever had any more than a passing interest in guns, but when I want a thing I want the hell out of it. You guys better buy a lot of DEK1s- that's what's gonna pay for this thing :)

30 calibre springfield

man, I'm actually gettin a little itchy for that rifle. I haven't ever had any more than a passing interest in guns, but when I want a thing I want the hell out of it. You guys better buy a lot of DEK1s- that's what's gonna pay for this thing :)
I’m going through the same thing right now with a Freedom Arms Single Action in 45 Colt. When you have to have it, you need to get it :)
The above sentence is useful as advice on many subjects.

Won't fit in an ar15. Does fit in an ar10.

6.5 grendel is the ticket for the ar15 for hard hitting.

I have a 6.5 Creedmor Ruger precision and a 6.5 Grendel AR15. My Creedmoor has made it out to 1200 yards no problem on many occasions. I would be confident that my Grendel could make 800 yards pretty easily as well. The Grendel is a great medium sized round for a semi auto platform and could take anything from White tail to Coyote or Hog. Both rounds kick like a kitten and shoot like a laser, i prefer grendel personally, Hope that helps.

Back