Carothers and Guns

Hey Matt, pictures please. Oh and congratulations!

Thanks Darrel :)

Alas for now, only file and stock photos but they certainly are beautiful as most Italian guns are. I feel slightly better that American gunsmiths have put their spin on an Italian chassis but only time would tell. It may take a good 2-3 weeks till the rifle is released to me but for now:

E92141CA-AE24-46B7-A6C6-E0A1E2E773E0.jpeg

^ those chaps may belong to Nathan, no sure though :D Shoot, I may even have to move out to NM for realz now!

Alas for now, only file and stock photos but they certainly are beautiful as most Italian guns are. I feel slightly better that American gunsmiths have put their spin on an Italian chassis but only time would tell. It may take a good 2-3 weeks till the rifle is released to me but for now:

View attachment 1427680

^ those chaps may belong to Nathan, no sure though :D Shoot, I may even have to move out to NM for realz now!
Congrats on the new addition, Matty! If you get it in your hands before Halloween (and can obtain some of the hot Underwood .357 loads), a nice pumpkin shoot may be in order :D.

View attachment 1427680

That is a beauty!

b5ymhu2.jpeg

Last edited:
Every American should own a good lever gun IMHO ... The 1873 might be the most visually appealing of them all for me. Congrats.

Thank you. I have never had any rifles with buckhorn iron sights so the concept is a bit storage to me but I am learning about various aim points and techniques with distance. Right off the bat, I'm just used to aligning the front sight post with the notch in the rear sight and holding a 6 o'clock on the target as my sight picture. This is what I am used to applying to short distance targets, say 25-50 yards. It will be a while before I can try 100 yards but I intend to keep this one as an original as possible for a cowboy lever-action "fun gun".

Needs a decent buttstock cuff with shell loops and some kinda leather wrap for the lever (which are dime a dozen on Amazon and elsewhere). I've looked at some ready to go stuff by makers I don't know but was wondering if any of you guys have anyone else in mind? The only person / outlet I recognize doing such stuff who also does stuff on here on BF.com is RLO. I am not going to ship out a rifle for custom fitting so it will have to be off the shelf stuff. Anything, anyone?

yhWiDLC.jpg

PS. If you look carefully, you will find some deers on the rug. Can you see them? ;)

ETA: answer

pgvBRJm.jpg

Last edited:
Needs a decent buttstock cuff with shell loops and some kinda leather wrap for the lever (which are dime a dozen on Amazon and elsewhere). I've looked at some ready to go stuff by makers I don't know but was wondering if any of you guys have anyone else in mind? The only person / outlet I recognize doing such stuff who also does stuff on here on BF.com is RLO. I am not going to ship out a rifle for custom fitting so it will have to be off the shelf stuff. Anything, anyone?

yhWiDLC.jpg

PS. If you look carefully, you will find some deers on the rug. Can you see them? ;)

ETA: answer

pgvBRJm.jpg

Check out Diamond D leather ... they make some nice lever wraps and butt stock wraps.

Check out Diamond D leather ... they make some nice lever wraps and butt stock wraps.

Thise are the exact ones which I currently have n my cart :)

Their 3rd party vendor on Amazon offers free shipping but does offer the one which I need. They have them in .357 on their site with shipping. So far, they are the best ready to go ones which are also available Thank you JJ :)

Thise are the exact ones which I currently have n my cart :)

Their 3rd party vendor on Amazon offers free shipping but does offer the one which I need. They have them in .357 on their site with shipping. So far, they are the best ready to go ones which are also available Thank you JJ :)

They are pretty nice. I have a few of the handle wraps and a butt stock piece for a 357 and one for a 44. Short of a custom stock wrap these are the nicest I have had.

I have an older Wingmaster, great shotgun. Nice knife too btw.
Any luck with the ducks?
Thanks!

Agreed, they’re terrific guns! I’ve had my share of vintage ones, too. I’ll have another when the right one comes along.

No ducks yesterday. Only had a pair fly by, but were out of range. Was still a nice evening sitting in the marsh. :)

Back