Carothers and Guns

38678518194_183cd957f3_z.jpg

when Germany meets the good old usa

AF7567ED-067F-4DF3-9671-0DCDF5442902.jpeg I don’t think I ever showed this one.
Forgive the lack of a CPK in this pic, I blame Nathan for it :) If he had made the folder already I would’ve had it in my pocket and included it in the photo.
It is a PWS MK214 with a 308 match chamber, Griffin Armament muzzle device to mount the Recce 7 suppressor, a Vortex 1-8x, and a Vltor Emod stock. shoots like a dream.

I'll bet that's loud
I'm pretty sure my first trigger for tinnitus was shooting a snubby. 357 without ear protection when I was 12-13 y/o.

Fired the first shot and went, "OWWWW! MAN, that's loud! Oh well, 4 more rounds. Might as well shoot 'em". Sounded like I was underwater for about 2-3 days, and had to lipread/guess what people were saying. Now, I'm member of the club of EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeEEEEE.:p

I always use ear protection now.

I'm pretty sure my first trigger for tinnitus was shooting a snubby. 357 without ear protection when I was 12-13 y/o.

Fired the first shot and went, "OWWWW! MAN, that's loud! Oh well, 4 more rounds. Might as well shoot 'em". Sounded like I was underwater for about 2-3 days, and had to lipread/guess what people were saying. Now, I'm member of the club of EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeEEEEE.:p

I always use ear protection now.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me it was a 7 mag with a muzzle brake fired without hearing protection while standing next to a barn that reflected the sound back at me. To this day I can only talk on the phone with my right ear because if I have the volume up high enough to hear well my left ear distorts too much to understand what people are saying very well.

There is something about the thump of a .357 that you can feel in your chest and sinuses. To me it's actually worse than a .44. I've never fired one without hearing protection and I don't plan to.

I LOVE going to an indoor range with my Ruger gp100. Put a few hot loads of 357 in it and watch the people in every lane jump when the air slaps em in the the face. Then comes the faces peeking around the corner of my stall.....wtf are you shooting?!
And yes, I do have some hotter than stock loads... 357+p ?
But they are measured loads not just dump powder in. The range I used to go to has a wall of shame. It’s comprised of pieces of guns destroyed by hand loaders. Guns not designed for anything but stock ammo.

My brother and I brought his Scar heavy to the range. Not many people there and they put us next to two lanes with some people shooting lower caliber pistols. We told them and the RO that we were gonna shoot it and it was going to be LOUD. The people decline to move. They didn’t understand what they were in for. We got some rotten looks...
But any tinnitus I have is from playing PUBG and not muting it on that plane ride it. :/

I have been told that my ruger toklat in 454 casull rumbles people’s chests, stomachs and sinuses.

I do try to warn people before hand.

Still not as ridiculous as the one time where a guy brought his braked 50 BMG to shoot in a 25y indoor range.. :eek::confused:
What indoor range allowed someone to shoot a .50BMG? lol
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is something about the thump of a .357 that you can feel in your chest and sinuses. To me it's actually worse than a .44. I've never fired one without hearing protection and I don't plan to.
.44 feels more like a boom/thump. .357 feels like a sharp pop/bang. Yeah, I definitely don't recommend shooting any firearms without ear pro, but definitely not a .357, especially a snubby.
I LOVE going to an indoor range with my Ruger gp100. Put a few hot loads of 357 in it and watch the people in every lane jump when the air slaps em in the the face. Then comes the faces peeking around the corner of my stall.....wtf are you shooting?!
And yes, I do have some hotter than stock loads... 357+p ?
But they are measured loads not just dump powder in. The range I used to go to has a wall of shame. It’s comprised of pieces of guns destroyed by hand loaders. Guns not designed for anything but stock ammo.
That's one of the best things about the GP100; they're stout.

I think my favorite comment I've ever read about the GP100;
The GP100's long, heavy DA trigger pull is a great safety. It's like the gun is saying, " Are you suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuureBANG!"
:p

Back