Carothers Pumpkins & Knives photo contest 2020

AS PROMISED…….

Herbert, here, is my hero. He has done his patriotic duty during this turbulent election season – he voted! And he is very, very proud to show off his “I Voted” stickers. He is a strong believer in the voting process and in his voting responsibility. He therefore put together his “plan” many months ago by registering for an absentee ballot. He took great pride in receiving this ballot, carefully selecting his candidates, using a proper pen [blue or black] to fill in the little ovals, and then dropping it off in a ballot box at the local library.

IMcZk13.jpg

Then, unexpectedly, Herbert received another ballot in the mail, one he had not requested. Herbert became very excited, because now it became clear that someone, somewhere, wanted him to become a very, very responsible voter. So he exercised this newly-discovered responsibility. Once again he meticulously filled out the ballot, voted and mailed in his new ballot. Proud, proud, proud he was!

For weeks Herbert has been assailed by those on TV, writers in the local newspaper and by passers-by to get out and vote in person – to show the world right out in the open that America votes! This was a chest-puffer for Herbert. So much duty, so much responsibility. He was reminded of a saying he had heard when a seedling in his Made-in-America pumpkin patch: “Much is given….Much is required.” Herbert answered the call. He went to the early voting location and he voted! A model citizen. No, more than that: a “Super-Voter-Citizen!”

Herbert has done his part. He wears his “I Voted” stickers and his "Made in American" label with pride. He is an example of civic pride and responsibility to all. I guess, in comparison, he probably makes the rest of us look pretty small in the civic responsibility arena, doesn’t he?

Herbert would take his Second Amendment rights firmly to heart as well, but he is a bit young yet to be a legal gun owner. As a result, he had to look elsewhere for something to defend himself against anyone who might attempt to take his voting rights away. He quickly took a liking to the “Mad Machinest” and his knives [OK, he may like Nathan, but he absolutely fell in love with Jo!] and therefore decided that he needed a brace of knives with which to play Mumblety-Peg with his friends and, oh yes, to defend his rights if needed. I guess it should be no surprise that he chose a Utility Fighter in Ghost Orange and a Double Edge Fighter in Double Black. No second surprise, I guess, that he uses one at night and the other during the day. He advised that, for some reason, he can see the one in Ghost Orange better at night.

So there you have it -- my hero on two counts. I’m really glad I could relate his story of civic responsibility as a Super-Voter-Citizen, and -- of course -- his responsible knife ownership.

The Moral of the Story: GET OUT AND VOTE…AND DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS !!!!!

Disclaimer: Abide by all local voting laws and practices.

I suck. That's all there is to it. I had hoped to pump this up and even post my own. I didn't even get to pumpkins this year. Pushing way into the redline these days and haven't had any extra time for stuff. Sorry guys. Next year.

Herbert is DISAPPOINTED!! VOTE SUPPRESSION ??!!??!!?? MORE election problems?? :)

Back