Carrying an HI Kerambit

I have been getting a ton of compliments on the knife I'm carrying around on my belt out here. Almost daily. Everyone wants to know where they can get their hands on one. Unfortunatly, I didn't get to bring my WWII out, the wife was insistant she be allowed to keep it at the house. Anyway, you guessed it, this is just my shameless picture plug at the HI Kerambit being my fixed blade carry here in the desert.

Never mind the expression, I got caught on my way out to the bathroom.

CIMG2366.jpg

I heard that in Iraq, locals were more afraid of pistols than rifles.. (Saddam's secret police used pistols) I even saw a youtube video of some soldier whittling a wooden gun and painting it black to use as a crowd control device.

I've been told that they are also fearful of large knives, and the Afghans are scared spitless of the ghurkas and their kukris.

Makes sense since their whole lives they have it reinforced that the guys with rifles are bullies that will come and beat the hell out of you, but the guy with a pistol has the authority to kill you on the spot. And that the guy with the knives is the guy who asks questions at the police station. . .

From what I can tell in the picture he's also carrying a Beretta M9 pistol in a Safariland thigh holster and a M4 Carbine.

You are correct, sir.

We fought for 1911s, but got overruled. I'm starting to think we don't have any.

Also, back when the Brits were here, and had the Ghurkas in country, they had this strange anomoly; the Gurkha checkpoints almost never got hit. I think I heard of it happening only once. Seems like the bad guys didn't want that good a fight :thumbup::D

You are correct, sir.

We fought for 1911s, but got overruled. I'm starting to think we don't have any.

Also, back when the Brits were here, and had the Ghurkas in country, they had this strange anomoly; the Gurkha checkpoints almost never got hit. I think I heard of it happening only once. Seems like the bad guys didn't want that good a fight :thumbup::D

Well knowing what Voodoo was carrying might have something to do with the fact that I have spent the last 19 1/2 years working as military or for the
military (13 1/2 yrs in the Navy (last 2 1/2 years in law enforcement) the last 6 yrs working as a Police Officer for the Dept of the Army Civilian Police).

Back