Casbah Questions?

I've been looking at getting a Casbah as my next folder and my first auto but have a few questions I'm hoping I can get answered here.

1. How tough is the lock compared to the Axis?

2. Anybody ever kill the spring and have a non firing Casbah? I understand the H&K Patrol is the same folder so if anyone has one of those I guess that would count also.

3. Does anyone know if they make a shorter pocket clip that will fit it from a different model? The clip that's on there is way too long and just feels wrong in my hand.

1. Looks like it has the same locking mechanism as the 9501, a VERY strong lock.

2. I've never killed the spring on my 9501, but I have done so on a 10-year old 3550 that saw a lot of water. hardly comparable, as the 3550 has a much smaller spring system. If the spring ever breaks, it basically just turns it into a push-button gravity knife until you can send it to Benchmade for them to replace for free.

3.The Casbah has the deep-carry clip, which tells me that the deep-carry clip from the 535 Bugout would probably work on it, and that would shorten it up quite a lot.

I have the Casbah and the Bugout and the clips will definitely not interchange. The Casbah has a weird, 2-screw thing going on.

I finally, after bending the Casbah clip back a bunch, just ended up taking it off. I don't know if Benchmade offers any alternatives.

Back