• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Case 5dot 6207, S&M Gorgeous Red Splitback Whittler, GEC Northfield 47 Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.

traumkommode

Gold Member
Prices include shipping to CONUS. No international shipping right now, sorry. No trades, please, unless you have a #53 TK Cuban.

1) Vintage Case 5 dot 6207 Jack. Excellent condition, I'm not the original owner, just bought from a vintage case enthusiast friend to check it out. Blades are full, carbon steel, excellent snap like a modern GEC, 6.5-7 pull on the main and 6 pull on the secondary. Now $100 Sold

2) Schatt & Morgan 2007 Keystone Series XVII "Dogleg" Whittler in Timeworn Red Jigged Bone - although I would call this bone super blood red jigged. 420HC steel which is great from S&M. Mint in box, there's a bit of rub on the tip of the main blade due to it's length, it sits between the tangs of the secondaries like a Grinling. Cam tangs, smooth 7 pull on the main and 6 pulls on the secondaries. If you missed out on the 38 whittlers recently, grab this one - it's a prize. Now $155

3) GEC Northfield #47 Viper in Arizona Ironwood. These came with rough matte finish, but I gave the bolsters and shield a nice quick polish. Excellent snap, nice 6.5-7 pull, pinchable when the blade isn't oily and will be moreso with patina. Very nice grain on both sides. The tip was proud from the factory, so I knocked a hair off the kick, fyi. It sits safely in the handle now. Comes in the tube, unused. $170 Sold

Thanks!

51113595099_f0692c698f_b.jpg

51113595084_6804d0a29a_b.jpg

Last edited:
Has the Case been used?

I cannot confirm as I'm not the original owner, but the blades have zero wear on them. The bolsters have some handling wear or possible pocket wear, but I'd be surprised if it were the latter. I'm not an expert at all on these knives, but it's old - 1975. The bone doesn't look worn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back