Case 640045R Scout/Camp/Utility Folder

First off, I would like to say hello and many thanks for any help the membership can give me. I am really into firearms but I have shifted my obsession lately to knives again to keep me occupied. Have 3 I purchased still waiting to be delivered, old Kabar 2 blade folder, old Camillus marlin spike and an Ontario NS7 with a Spec Ops sheath...can't wait! Sold my Gerber BMF to help fund my addiction to keep the wife off my back. lol I just pulled the trigger on a Case yesterday and was tossed between it or a Camillus/Boker in that style. Here is the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-CASE-...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
My question is that I only see one pin in the center of the knife scales holding them on. Am I missing something or is there other ways to attach the scales without using at least 3 pins? Thanks again in advance

The number of pins depends on the overall size of the knife. Two or three is pretty common. I would be concerned about the durability of a traditional knife that only has one pin unless it is a pure collector kind of acquisition. Even my Case Peanut has three pins. No pins would suggest that the scales are glued on exclusively.

First off, I would like to say hello and many thanks for any help the membership can give me. I am really into firearms but I have shifted my obsession lately to knives again to keep me occupied. Have 3 I purchased still waiting to be delivered, old Kabar 2 blade folder, old Camillus marlin spike and an Ontario NS7 with a Spec Ops sheath...can't wait! Sold my Gerber BMF to help fund my addiction to keep the wife off my back. lol I just pulled the trigger on a Case yesterday and was tossed between it or a Camillus/Boker in that style. Here is the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-CASE-XX-USA-10-DOT-SCOUT-CAMPING-UTILITY-FOLDING-POCKET-KNIFE-/233092023099?nma=true&si=jJKg8S1oOQjGmA4MYH6VNiYAJ3U%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
My question is that I only see one pin in the center of the knife scales holding them on. Am I missing something or is there other ways to attach the scales without using at least 3 pins? Thanks again in advance

I just looked at mine and there is only one visible pin on the exterior. However, both scales are connected to the liner by what looks like two rivets on the inside.

That explains it Pearly_Baker! Can't imagine a scout/camp knife by Case not being made for hard use. The rivets must have been cast into the scales when molded. I feel better now but wonder why Case strayed from traditional methods except for to try and advance in quality or production. Appreciate the time you spent to look for me.

Back