Case knives - need values (updated w individual pics) including old 6380s

Hello everyone. My last post didn't gain much traction due to the lack of organization on my part. Here's another try. I will be putting this collection up for sale and I would like to know approximate values. I will be selling both here and on ebay. Thank you in advance!

#1 - 1997 Case 6340 Tested XX Smooth bone - only 350 made
xI4aVwD.jpg

jgTQdsf.jpg

#2 - 1990 Case 53091 XX Cigar Whittler - bowtie shield - 2000 made
OKqNH1Dl.jpg

6crzN4Fl.jpg

NoQdewHl.jpg

#3 - 1990 Case 63091 BM serial #015 - 2900 made, 50 with serial
D4F2qYYl.jpg

dDLuSd1l.jpg

#4 - 1990 Case 63091 OV serial #044 - 1000 made, 50 with serial
TMYHeiKl.jpg

yWAnBVFl.jpg

#5 - 1990 Case 63091 BT serial #010 - 1000 made, 50 with serial
zuJnV9vl.jpg

RP7xEEOl.jpg

#6 - 1991 Case 51050 serial #012 - 750 made, 50 with serial
jrZ1Innl.jpg

kMbRTYsl.jpg

#7 - 1990 Case ROG 61050 serial #003 - 1000 made, 50 with serial
extov7cl.jpg

5ezrvDml.jpg

#8 - 1990 Case G61072 serial #022 - 150 made, 50 with serial
FsUC2vPl.jpg

9gZ60ZIl.jpg

#9 - 1998 Case 6143 SS - limited edition of 2500
tkE0wOml.jpg

kvoUWf7l.jpg

#10 - 1992 Case 53043 1/2 BM - 260 made
lkivomll.jpg

zqEX7lql.jpg

#11 - 1992 Case 53043 1/2 AR - 260 made
PmwZEYSl.jpg

nL8pJdAl.jpg

#12 - 1994 Case 530109X AR - 400 total made, 200 with arrowhead
8lT2vWel.jpg

IyHtHB0l.jpg

#13 - 1994 Case 53083 - 1352 total made, 315 with bowtie
hHEIUIll.jpg

oT44dYXl.jpg

#14 - 1998 Case C61050 SS - limited edition of 2500
TxXOArql.jpg

vH1oiRhl.jpg

#15 - 1998 Case 6254HB SSM PW - cool hobo knife
wVpxsBWl.jpg

ftHFYbSl.jpg

zO6SMNyl.jpg

MNPSZWfl.jpg

#16 - Unknown year Case 6380 (stamped Case Tested XX on blade)
PEVdI0Pl.jpg

Cl69eOPl.jpg

#17 - 1940-64 Case 6380
8KJqiU7l.jpg

NtG02UGl.jpg

#18 - 1965-69 Case XX 6392
hN5sH4fl.jpg

rkaCjkpl.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum RollTide3. I can't give any sound advice regarding values but I will share what little that I do know.

I've been hanging around here for quite awhile and I've seen a LOT of posts from members asking the value of their knives. Rarely, if ever, have I seen anybody respond with actual values. The advice, as given in your other thread, is usually to check Ebay sold listings for each knife which is good, solid advice and probably your best approach to this.

I hope you get some values here in this thread but I'll be surprised if that actually happens. I'll be more than happy to eat my words if it does.

I've been hanging around here for quite awhile and I've seen a LOT of posts from members asking the value of their knives. Rarely, if ever, have I seen anybody respond with actual values.

At this point I would be happy with more info on knives #16-20 so I can actually look them up and list them on ebay...

At this point I would be happy with more info on knives #16-20 so I can actually look them up and list them on ebay...
This might help with the dates of manufacture on some of them. If you can't see any dots keep pivoting the blade until the dots are exposed.

1970 for example, will have 10 dots. 1971 will have 9 dots. 1972 will have 8 dots etc.

Chart.jpg

Welcome to the forum RollTide3. I can't give any sound advice regarding values but I will share what little that I do know.

I've been hanging around here for quite awhile and I've seen a LOT of posts from members asking the value of their knives. Rarely, if ever, have I seen anybody respond with actual values. The advice, as given in your other thread, is usually to check Ebay sold listings for each knife which is good, solid advice and probably your best approach to this.

I hope you get some values here in this thread but I'll be surprised if that actually happens. I'll be more than happy to eat my words if it does.

agreed - eBay will give a good idea of realistic current market value. TIp - search eBay for "completed listings" on the left margin. My strategy (and it's worked well for over 15 years as a seller) ... do your research, find out what each knife is worth, then start your bid at the bare minimum you could realistically sell the knife for, rather than starting the auction at top dollar. That way if you even get just one bid, you can live with that .... although usually taking alot of good pics (thats the key with knives on ebay) ... you'll get more than you think, especially for Case knives - it's a feeding frenzy out there for Case's and the seller reaps the benefits with good pics. Using that strategy, you'll get bids and you'll sell your knives ... instead of trying to squeeze out every penny, relisting them over and over & not selling your knives. Lastly, whatever you do, do not use a reserve - I'm sure I'm not alone - as a buyer, I immediately stop all viewing of any knives where the seller lists a reserve - that should be relegated for very expensive items.

#16/17 would be high dollar knives if they weren't counterfeit.

As to the years on the others, the tang chart should help you out.

#16/17 would be high dollar knives if they weren't counterfeit.

As to the years on the others, the tang chart should help you out.

16-17 are fake? That sucks, not sure where my dad picked those up. The ones with boxes were all bought new. Those 2 must have been garage sale finds or something.

Take a close look at the shield on #16. It's all jacked up.

Some nice knives tho! Love the cigar whittlers, aren't those Queen made?

Damn if 16/17 were real you’d be looking at 400-500 minimum if you were selling them. Book value is more I believe but hard to sell them unless you know a collector. I agree with Mike I think they’re fake too.

18 id vaule at 150-175 if it was stag you’d be looking at double.

The trappers both around 100-125 big trapper being much more desirable.

The stag serial knives I have no idea value to me is 130-150 or so
I’m pretty sure the case knives in those boxes are queen made. Might fetch more.

Sense no one else wanted to I’ll throw my 2cents in

Damn if 16/17 were real you’d be looking at 400-500 minimum if you were selling them. Book value is more I believe but hard to sell them unless you know a collector. I agree with Mike I think they’re fake too.
18 id vaule at 150-175 if it was stag you’d be looking at double.
The trappers both around 100-125 big trapper being much more desirable.
The stag serial knives I have no idea value to me is 130-150 or so

Thanks, that's a big help. Any idea on the first few cigar whittlers with serial numbers? I don't see any of those on ebay completed. I see some asking $225-250 without serial.

Thanks, that's a big help. Any idea on the first few cigar whittlers with serial numbers? I don't see any of those on ebay completed. I see some asking $225-250 without serial.
No idea really on those or the other limiteds. If I was guessing that might be book value or pretty close. I’d have to check

If you sell them in an auction, isn’t that the market value for that knife at that time? I’m not trying to be a smart ass. I don’t sell stuff on eBay, so I don’t know, but that is my assumption when I sell cattle.

If you sell them in an auction, isn’t that the market value for that knife at that time?

Knives on ebay can go for lower than they should if the seller doesn't have enough info on the knife. I would also prefer to sell to forum members as I don't like dealing with ebay, but I want to list them for fair prices.

That definitely makes sense. I don’t know anything about the value, but it’s a nice collection. :thumbsup:

agreed - eBay will give a good idea of realistic current market value. TIp - search eBay for "completed listings" on the left margin. My strategy (and it's worked well for over 15 years as a seller) ... do your research, find out what each knife is worth, then start your bid at the bare minimum you could realistically sell the knife for, rather than starting the auction at top dollar. That way if you even get just one bid, you can live with that .... although usually taking alot of good pics (thats the key with knives on ebay) ... you'll get more than you think, especially for Case knives - it's a feeding frenzy out there for Case's and the seller reaps the benefits with good pics. Using that strategy, you'll get bids and you'll sell your knives ... instead of trying to squeeze out every penny, relisting them over and over & not selling your knives. Lastly, whatever you do, do not use a reserve - I'm sure I'm not alone - as a buyer, I immediately stop all viewing of any knives where the seller lists a reserve - that should be relegated for very expensive items.

I agree. Many photos - the more the better. And the starting bid price should be the, "reserve", that way people don't have to guess what the minimum price is, they can see it.

Back