Recommendation? Case Large Stockman - Belt Sheath?

Cool good for you, supporting this site just helps everyone out too !

And posting an image of your knife would be handy to see just what the contours are of your folder, side view as well as a shot down into the frame to see how thick the scales are as well.

G2

Lot's of great suggestions. I can personally attest that Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley makes a great belt sheath.
Haven't purchased from Dave yet, but he's on my list!
Here's one, made by Max Capdebarthes, that I pickled up on the web. I use it A LOT for my 4" Lloyd trapper and others. There's plenty of room for a 4 1/4" Stockman.
Hbx0ddO.jpg

E4S8NEk.jpg
Good taste! Been eyeing that brand I want to get another lockback just to get this sheath for it.
B448AD30-73BE-4443-825B-E3696F9E03EA.jpeg

Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley ,

It's a 10375 in black laminate (Micarta-ish)

It measures 4.25" long (sorry, bumped the tape off a bit):

IMG_20190303_154548122_zps4sdx2uvt.jpg

IMG_20190303_154612171_zpsgxdntagv.jpg

0.5" wide with almost no swell in the center:

IMG_20190303_154745951_zpsgyaawqrh.jpg

And is a smidge over 1" from the tallest blade spine to handle edge. Maybe 1/32nd - 1/16th depending on how you hold the tape:

IMG_20190303_154649687_zpsch1iuf1w.jpg

That help? Need something more specific?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Cool good for you, supporting this site just helps everyone out too !

And posting an image of your knife would be handy to see just what the contours are of your folder, side view as well as a shot down into the frame to see how thick the scales are as well.

G2

I really like the idea of a vertical, open-top, simple design. By simple, I just mean no pattern, etc. I'm not against any of that but I do like simpler leather.

Nice knife, the contour looks like it would retain in an open top sheath well.
G2

Last edited:
Email sent
G2

sXePhenomenal sXePhenomenal , Peregrin Peregrin , I have 2 of the Max Capdebarthes sheaths and I too would not hesitate to recommend them. Very well made - vert/horiz carry, nice heavy leather, some good colors offered and different sizes too. These shown are perfect for a stout folder in the 4" closed range. Mine are boring black and natural but do the job perfectly.

Last edited:
Those look very nice Ray.
G2

sXePhenomenal sXePhenomenal , Peregrin Peregrin , I have 2 of the Max Capdebarthes sheaths and I too would not hesitate to recommend them. Very well made - vert/horiz carry, nice heavy leather, some good colors offered and different sizes too. These shown are perfect for a stout folder in the 4" closed range. Mine are boring black and natural but do the job perfectly.

These, not open tops so I did not suggest them as an option this time. GaryG Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley and Dave Horsewright Horsewright do those so beautifully.

Ray

View attachment 1084813

View attachment 1084814
I’ll be getting one when I find a knife to put in it :thumbsup:

So just to kinda give some background, I'm still in "pattern exploration". I'm getting older and I figure I want to try out lots of options to really zero in on what I like. I've done this with other brands, kitchen knives, etc. I want to know that I'm carrying what I really, really like. Now that might mean different likes for different tasks/days but I just enjoy the venture of the discovery and evaluation and decision.

For that reason, I'm hesitant to commit fully to the Large Stockman. If I was convinced this was a go-to pattern for me then I'd be banging on the doors of Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley and Horsewright Horsewright . And that goes for so many of the great suggestions you all have provided and I have saved.

One thing I have noticed in this little foray is that the Trapper pattern has a hooping bunch of sheath options out there. So, I did the only sensible thing and ordered a Case Trapper. :p

I also ordered a couple different Case-made sheaths. They're cheap enough to experiment with.

I genuinely appreciate all the inputs and this isn't over. I just need to drill down on the pattern, and then the carry method and the provider.

:)

Last edited:
Back