Case Pocket Hunter /new pattern?

I don't think it will have the Barlow enthusiasm.. Some folks out there didn't even know what a PH was and or the size.. Every one knows what a Barlow is..:p
John

I don't think it will have the Barlow enthusiasm.. Some folks out there didn't even know what a PH was and or the size.. Every one knows what a Barlow is..:p
John
I think you're probably right, John. The Pocket Hunters didn't seem very popular when Case made them before. At least not on the knife forums I visit anyway. Rarely have I seen pictures or even mention of them.

Hmmm, makes me wonder how they came to this choice then? They could have released Texas Jacks in SS with a myriad of covers, or Pen Knives with different scale options, or even a smaller Tribal Lock and had more interest perhaps. Why compete with your own Butterbeans and Peanuts? A marketing slip maybe? Or do they need to fill some gap or the Case Collectors Club. Maybe all the rage over on the Case run forum?

,,,Mike in Canada

I saw a few of the models up on a retailer site last evening. Hopefully we will see some hands on reviews shortly.

,,,Mike in Canada

Their site says mid March.
Hopefully there's one in the line up that interests me.
The retailer I saw had posted them on Instagram and they had responded to my inquiry saying they were available. This is not every scale and blade combination but they did have a mix. Maybe we are looking at different sites?

,,,Mike in Canada

Case has posted on Instagram they will reveal the new vault release on Monday. I somehow made it through the year without purchasing one of these. Came close a couple of times.

,,,Mike in Canada

I wanted a single blade in CV but either missed it or they didn't make it
I soon realized it shares the nail nick position with the current peanut and that's a deal breaker for me and I was bummed.

Then they released the 6208 half whittler in CV and I was ecstatic, I'll waste no time scooping one up if I can get it in CV and amber jigged because that's probably my all time favorite case pattern.

Now if this years vault release is the mini coke bottle well I'll have to try one and see what happens, obviously their small pen is still around so it wouldn't be a vault release, but I want one in CV like the half whittler I'll take what I can get but would prefer amber jigged.

Last edited:
I was so mightily tempted by the Pocket Hunter.
But in the end I just couldn't pull the trigger on another small knife.

Back