Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

Signalprick

Jason Ritchie - Ritchie Handmade Knives
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I looked around and I didn't find a thread dedicated to sharing pics and discussion of the Case Tony Bose collaborations. I've pretty much drawn my line in the sand as far as the meat of my traditional collection. I currently own 3. I have a 4th, the Eureka Jack in ebony headed my way. Ive parted with a few others over the years. Most recently an antique bone Dog Leg Jack. I immediately regretted selling that one before the funds cleared paypal! Live and learn I guess. I try to stay focused on what I like most and will carry and use. After all, it is what Mr. Bose expects out of even his full customs. Anyway, I look forward to sharing discussion and pictures of these great knives. Here's some glamor shots of mine.
20180302_150620.jpg

20180302_150703.jpg

20180302_150730.jpg

20180302_150750.jpg

20180302_150811.jpg

20180302_150920.jpg

20180302_150933.jpg

20180302_150946.jpg

Good stuff, Jason. My favorite has always been the Norfolk but the Cattle Knife is right up there too. Those are actually the only two that I've owned in Case/Bose collab lineup. I keep thinking that I would like a Lanny's Clip but I keep talking myself out of it because I don't think I would carry it due to the size. They sure do look nice though and yours is no exception.
IMG_2843.JPG
IMG_2738.JPG
IMG_2847.JPG
IMG_2837.JPG
IMG_2851.JPG
IMG_2831.JPG

I can tell already that I should probably stay away from this thread :)
That Norfolk is amazing Rick.
I was thinking the same about that Norfolk. I think that particular pattern I'd love to get in molasses bone and damascus. That chestnut looks fantastic though!

I rarely sell a knife, but the Case Bose Norfolk is one that left. Pull on the main was too stiff and it's not pinchable. The original lockback whittler is my favorite, followed by the LC.

bosestaglannysclip1.jpg

casebosewhittler.jpg

I had a Coffin Jack in antique bone that was spot on perfect in the fit and finish. Ended up selling it and have no clue what knife I bought with the funds but I do miss it lol.

The next collab that I bought was the Cattle Knife in ebony. I realllllly liked that knife a lot. The only issue was one small sliver of a gap along the one liner and spring. I should be honest and admit I’m nitpicking that anyway. It was a really nice knife and I loved that all the pulls were exactly the same between all 3 blades which I find to be rather uncommon.

I sold the Cattle Knife as well. I was talking with Bob (Big Biscuit) one night and he made it known that he wanted one, so I sold it for a great price knowing he’d love it. I hope his grandson Bo has it now and uses it often!

I’ve been tempted to get another, just haven’t yet.

Tony Bose Case Tribal Spear
IMG_6185.JPG
Not a great pic since it just arrived.
One of the few traditionals that called to me. It's on the slightly larger side for a traditional, maybe that's what drew me in.

A big thanks to Charlie Mike for letting this beauty go.

I still have several (well my son does now).

I know a lot of folks complain about the cost but face it...one of Tony's knives in the collaboration patterns (if you can find one) will cost six times as much and probably won't be carried or used.

I know a lot of folks complain about the cost but face it...one of Tony's knives in the collaboration patterns (if you can find one) will cost six times as much and probably won't be carried or used.

That's a good point, Jerry. A piece of Tony's craftsmanship for a mere fraction of an original isn't really bad at all and they are very well made in most cases.

That sir, is an exceptional collection! You guys are killing me with the Norfolks.

So true. I would rather pay for a collab that whose origin came straight from the mind of a legend than secondary cost for some of these GEC TC Barlows.
That's a good point, Jerry. A piece of Tony's craftsmanship for a mere fraction of an original isn't really bad at all and they are very well made in most cases.
And in cases where fit and finish may be lacking, Case has fantastic warranty. Send it in and you'll get a knife back that will quickly make you appreciate how much you paid.
Here's mine, less an Antique Bone Muskrat from 2004 that's buried in a drawer somewhere. The Norfolk is my favorite of these.
I had a Dogleg Jack that I sold off.
3xyfsH9.jpg
Gary, that is a gorgeous WT!

Back