Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

I had the opportunity to pick up another Case Bose Cattle Knife with Chestnut Bone covers. Bone covers are typically not my thing but these are exceptional! I also don't make a habit of owning two of the same knife but for me the Case Bose Cattle Knife collab has been my absolute favorite traditional/slipjoint that I've come across since getting into traditionals. The ebony version will continue to serve as my user. I plan to hold the Chestnut bone back as occasional pocket jewlery and one to admire. Pictured with its collab colleagues, I'm extremely content with this trio.
View attachment 1166774

View attachment 1166775

View attachment 1166777

View attachment 1166778

View attachment 1166780
Nice purchase... i like the blade selection on that model. Have a good weekend

For those of you who've handled one of the Eureka colabs, how's the pull weight on the blades?

For those of you who've handled one of the Eureka colabs, how's the pull weight on the blades?

I'm certainly no expert, but I'd rate mine maybe at a 6. It's a very nice knife.
DSC00106-X2.jpg

Thanks. I've been eying these. Haven't decided yet just how serious I am about it.

I own several Case/Bose collaborations and regularly carry the Lanny’s clip. This is a recent acquisition and my favorite to date.

Attachments

• C2540435-312B-46F0-8B5B-02C471217987.jpeg
    C2540435-312B-46F0-8B5B-02C471217987.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 66
Didn't the 2019 Case Bose get announced at Shot show? I really am surprised how little attention the 2019 release received and how high dealers still have em priced. I'm hoping 2020 is something more desirable...I really want a Wilfred lockback but when I start reading about them on here it doesn't sound good especially when I can get a Moki lockback that looks like a fixed blade when staring at the back strap for 150 new and 100 used.

Who wants to take guesses for 2020? I'm going to guess that barlow popularity for Case might be coming into play but my wish would be for a honk falls trapper.

Didn't the 2019 Case Bose get announced at Shot show? I really am surprised how little attention the 2019 release received and how high dealers still have em priced. I'm hoping 2020 is something more desirable...I really want a Wilfred lockback but when I start reading about them on here it doesn't sound good especially when I can get a Moki lockback that looks like a fixed blade when staring at the back strap for 150 new and 100 used.

Who wants to take guesses for 2020? I'm going to guess that barlow popularity for Case might be coming into play but my wish would be for a honk falls trapper.

I believe all of their Case Bose folders get announced at SHOT. The 2019 folder didn't so anything for me. I'm more interested in chasing down the rarer folders so I pay little attention to stockman patterns. That being said, I don't think we will ever see a Case Bose Barlow. I'm probably wrong though.

Totally new to Case. Still researching to buy my first. Probably a full size trapper 1st. I know nothing of Bose or all these different shields so I have a lot to learn.

[QUOTE = "Pogonasong, post: 19495897, member: 492922"] ¿No se anunció el Case Bose 2019 en el show Shot? Realmente estoy sorprendido de la poca atención que recibió el lanzamiento de 2019 y cómo los altos distribuidores todavía tienen un precio. Espero que 2020 sea algo más deseable ... Realmente quiero un bloqueo de Wilfred, pero cuando empiezo a leer sobre ellos aquí no suena bien, especialmente cuando puedo obtener un bloqueo de Moki que parece una cuchilla fija cuando miro fijamente La correa trasera para 150 nuevos y 100 usados.

¿Quién quiere adivinar para 2020? Voy a adivinar que la popularidad de Barlow para Case podría estar entrando en juego, pero mi deseo sería un cazador de bocinazos. [/ QUOTE]
For 2020 Lanny Mid-lockback:
2OAyATT.jpg

Those of you with the Norfolk how do you like it? One came up on the exchange the other day and I am kicking myself for not grabbing it faster, had never really looked at one before but the jigged bone and lines spoke to me. On the hunt for sure.

Those of you with the Norfolk how do you like it? One came up on the exchange the other day and I am kicking myself for not grabbing it faster, had never really looked at one before but the jigged bone and lines spoke to me. On the hunt for sure.
Best Case/Bose pattern ever in my opinion but then, I haven't owned them all. If you like the pictures you will love the knife. Hope you can snag one.

I had one in ebony. I enjoyed the wharncliffe main and the knife overall. But the little clip is a nail breaker. By far the hardest blade pull out of any slip joint I've owned.

Best Case/Bose pattern ever in my opinion but then, I haven't owned them all. If you like the pictures you will love the knife. Hope you can snag one.

I've got to agree with Rick, Drew. Case hit it out of the park with the Norfolk. The design and build is a great example of knife making at its best.
The thinly ground blades, the perfect swedges, the way they nest in the blade well and the overall feel of the knife in use is just about perfect.
I can't imagine anyone not being really pleased with a Norfolk.

I had one in ebony. I enjoyed the wharncliffe main and the knife overall. But the little clip is a nail breaker. By far the hardest blade pull out of any slip joint I've owned.
The pull on the clip is a little harder then I'd prefer also. Maybe a 7 or 7.5 in my estimation. It doesn't keep me from carrying or using the knife though.

Totally new to Case. Still researching to buy my first. Probably a full size trapper 1st. I know nothing of Bose or all these different shields so I have a lot to learn.

(NB: I may or may not know what I'm talking about here, but...) Perhaps the first thing to know is that there are Tony Bose designs that are made by Case, such as the swayback jack, swayback gent, tribal lock, and teardrop (I own examples of all of those and they are very well done). Those are priced about the same as any other Case knife. Then there are the Case Bose collaborations -- I had the privileged of actually holding one once (a very beautiful eureka jack). Expect to pay $400 or more is my understanding. Then there are Tony Bose custom knives... I've never seen one but I suspect they are in the range of "if you have to ask, you can't afford it." :D (And, I think you will be on a waiting list that is years long.)

Last edited:
A great many of you Case Bose enthusiasts sing the praises of the Norfolk. It's the one that has eluded me personally. I'm waiting for an ebony one to pop up. That said my personal favorite of the entire series is the Cattle Knife followed by the Eureka. Both are great EDC pieces and really blur the line between production and custom. You won't find a better value for that type of build anywhere.

Back