Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

Hands down one of my favorites, and though I love me some 1095 the steel not being so susceptible to oxidation is a favorite feature. I had to cough up a pretty penny when I actually came across one but it has been worth every cent, and it looks just as good as the day i got it even though I constantly carry and use it. I would love to pull in an earlier lanny given my experience with this one, or even another tribal for that matter, but they are so hard to come by and don't come cheap at that. I hope to score a 2020 since the multi blade knives don't appeal to me much and I haven't been motivated to try any of the other collab patterns, so fingers crossed, just figured I chime in with praise and pics of what I consider a crown jewel in all of my time collecting.

JkYGc54.jpg

RVMaHdZ.jpg

JJCayv2.jpg
That’s a sweet one! Thanks for sharing it.

Knockoff: a copy or imitation of someone or something popular ;)
So to recap for those just joining us.

One knife in this historical pattern isn't a "knockoff" because someone in the thread likes it and was given one as a gift.

Other knives though from other brands in the same pattern are "knockoffs" because someone don't like them.

Feels like I'm reading a Papal Bull written in the 1500s sometimes.

My newest addition. Absolutely love it . Its the prefect user traditional for me. I like the fact the main blade has a lock and the 154 cm steel takes a keen edge and no need to worry about any rust.

eKgkojk.jpg
Got to agree. One of my favorites. Congrats.

I have 2 Case-Bose knives - the Premium Stockman (2018 knife) and the Bullnose Trapper (2019 knife). I would surely get this years Lanny to complete the "trilogy"; however I would certainly appreciate if Tony "reimagines" the Traditional Congress pattern (A proper congress please - unlike the pocket friendly (eh ?;)) GEC 62 pattern) and the (vintage Boker/Case) Old Elephant Toenail/Sunfish patterns.

Anyway here is a pic of my Bullnose Trapper :

Oy3m81Q.jpg

Case - Tony Bose Collab 2019 Bullnose Trapper Bone Stag
A classically styled folder with a 3-3⁄4" drop point blade and a 3-3⁄4" spey blade of 154-CM stainless at 59-61 Rc. Weighs 6.3 oz. Measures 4-1⁄2" closed.

I recently sold my Iockback whittler so I was interested in the new lockback LC. That's gone by the wayside after picking up a stag LC this week. I'm sure the Case Bose will be a killer as most of them have been.

Well I was trying for a Norfolk on the bay but it just went to high. The hunt continues!

Alan how did you like the whittler?

View attachment 1276667 View attachment 1276668 View attachment 1276669

I have bought and sold a few collabs. The only one I kept is this wharncliff trapper. It has the best fit and finish I have seen yet. It is truly custom quality. I can also see why this is Tony’s favorite pattern. It carries so easily and is very ergonomic and useful.

The ebony collabs seem to look much better in real life than they do in photographs. That Zulu posted by @ArchiveMoto on the last page is off the charts. I can only imagine how wonderful it must look in person.

I decided to bite the bullet and reserve an Ebony Lanny. It is a bit bigger than I like to carry, but I could not pass up a locking version. The price tag is a shocker though.

I will keep an eye out for a Norfolk for you Drew dispatch184 dispatch184 . Which cover are you hoping to find?

Last edited:
The whittler was like a swiss watch. Mine was the best overall quality knife I ever owned.
wish i snagged your whittler! just missed it. I have the later case/bose lockback wharnie whittler in ebony and it's a great knife, still looking out for a stag version 1 like yours.

wish i snagged your whittler! just missed it. I have the later case/bose lockback wharnie whittler in ebony and it's a great knife, still looking out for a stag version 1 like yours.
I miss it too if just for its quality.

Back