Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

View attachment 1460381 View attachment 1460382 View attachment 1460380

Godspeed my friend. I feel heartbroken.

Murphjd25 Murphjd25 , you should definitely get a Cattle Knife. I promise that you will love it. The dimensions are perfect for pocket carry. It does not feel too big like many other three blade knives. There is something special about the Case Bose Cattle Knife that does not show in photos. You have to have it in hand to fully appreciate it.
I think you are correct, need a couple more ducks to fall in a row and it’s on!

This was my first Case Tony Bose collaboration. I bought it in the Case/Zippo museum/company store in Bradford PA! It’s still one of my favorite patterns in the series. :) :thumbsup:

50640656263_cc953ebe1b_b_d.jpg

Looks like the lock back Lanny's Clips are in stock and moving out fast.

Last edited:
Special thanks to @Ron Sabbagh for getting this one to me. I've been on the fence about this one, but now that it's here I'm very glad I took the leap.
TEOMUAI.jpg
Nice one, Mike. I almost bought one of those recently myself but I decided on the 2015 Cattle Knife instead.

I suspect I’ll get a Premium Stockman sooner or later as my preferences are recently gravitating to slightly larger patterns.

My Cattle Knife arrived today. This time of year I usually make a vow not to buy anymore knives for quite a long while and this year is no exception. Thought I would go out with a bang and worry about recouping the funds later.

No regrets.
IMG_5603.JPG IMG_5604.JPG IMG_5605.JPG IMG_5606.JPG IMG_5608.JPG

As most of you folks know, Tony Bose liked to revive old patterns that died out a long time ago.

I thought some of you might find this interesting as it isn’t very often that we get to see an original that Tony based one of his patterns on.

Some of you have already seen this but for those who haven't, it might be of interest. In the link below, Lee (LongBlade) shares some pictures and comments about the original pattern that Tony designed the Case/Bose Cattle Knife after. It's an interesting read and Lee quotes Tony's comments as well.
2015 Case Tony Bose annual collaboration, what pattern are they going to use? | Page 8 | BladeForums.com

Lee was kind enough to let me copy his pictures and here’s a comparison of Lee's original manufactured 1916-1930 and the Case/Bose Cattle Knife.

You can certainly see the resemblance.

Shapleigh Cattle Knife - Empire  Blades DSCN8381A.jpg
IMG_5603.JPG

This was my first Case Tony Bose collaboration. I bought it in the Case/Zippo museum/company store in Bradford PA! It’s still one of my favorite patterns in the series. :) :thumbsup:

50640656263_cc953ebe1b_b_d.jpg
I just ordered a coffin jack!! Yours is a gorgeous!

I too had to really do some research before spending 300-400 on a case, but the consensus is so positive I had to make the plunge! Case/Bose Collab Coffin Jack enroute!! Can’t wait for it to get here! Another good feeling is that if anything is off I can send it in to get fixed!
I’ve spent the evening reading through this thread in excitement lol.
Plus I felt compelled to honor T. Bose by purchasing one of collab knives!

Have a good night all!

My cattle knife is being held hostage by the PO until I can come sign for it. Haven’t figured out when I’ll have time for that. :(

F33F9570-3393-4477-98EA-A51EE5A004DE.jpeg A02D9DB2-7EA0-4FAA-AE44-2021BB0B7D57.jpeg 4C96C81C-FD17-430D-B895-09C2F86CE2C7.jpeg
I’ve been eyeing the cattle knife for years, figured now was the time to finally pick one up. Requested the shop give it a look over to check fit and finish and for any blade play. Knife arrived today. Really is a beautiful well constructed knife. The blades sit low, but are easy to access. Springs are perfectly flush in all positions. The swedges on each blade are a small work of art. Visually pleasing along with providing that slight clearance between blades. The pull is solid on each blade, snap nicely into opened and closed positions. I really like the jigging and that it extends from bolster to bolster. A few minor issues. The shield is proud, set and sanded to be flush with the highest jigged ridge. This does leave edges exposed. The main blade does have very slight side play when closed. This seems fairly common and was a concern I requested to be checked for. Its very slight, and once opened the blade is solid. I don’t want to return the knife over it, and not sure if I’ll send it to Case to try and fix since it’s so slight and I’m pleased with the current pull of the blades, hate to mess that up. Overall a great knife design by Tony.

My cattle knife is being held hostage by the PO until I can come sign for it. Haven’t figured out when I’ll have time for that. :(
I'm sorry to read this. My situation was basically the opposite. I was glad that it was Out For Delivery on a Saturday when I was home because I knew it had to be signed for. Our cars were in the driveway so it was obvious that we were home. The mailman just dropped it in my mailbox and walked away. Never rang the doorbell for a signature.

I sincerely hope you can find the time soon.

View attachment 1465021 View attachment 1465022 View attachment 1465023
I’ve been eyeing the cattle knife for years, figured now was the time to finally pick one up. Requested the shop give it a look over to check fit and finish and for any blade play. Knife arrived today. Really is a beautiful well constructed knife. The blades sit low, but are easy to access. Springs are perfectly flush in all positions. The swedges on each blade are a small work of art. Visually pleasing along with providing that slight clearance between blades. The pull is solid on each blade, snap nicely into opened and closed positions. I really like the jigging and that it extends from bolster to bolster. A few minor issues. The shield is proud, set and sanded to be flush with the highest jigged ridge. This does leave edges exposed. The main blade does have very slight side play when closed. This seems fairly common and was a concern I requested to be checked for. Its very slight, and once opened the blade is solid. I don’t want to return the knife over it, and not sure if I’ll send it to Case to try and fix since it’s so slight and I’m pleased with the current pull of the blades, hate to mess that up. Overall a great knife design by Tony.
Beautiful knife!

Back