Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

My one and lonely :)
Ia5dH4c.jpg
A Blast to the past and man I sure miss this one !

Got my Cattle knife, pretty disappointed for the amount of money I paid for it.

bevels are uneven on all blades looks like a rookie was sharpening this one.
r3opQyj.jpg
T9GgNfa.jpg

The jigged bone covers are “peeling” off three different corners and not tight/flush.
qfGAJIe.jpg

Other then that it’s a nice knife, mines tight in every position no blade play or anything. It’s a pretty knife but probably going back to case.
YMeXd1P.jpg

Got my Cattle knife, pretty disappointed for the amount of money I paid for it.

bevels are uneven on all blades looks like a rookie was sharpening this one.
r3opQyj.jpg
T9GgNfa.jpg

The jigged bone covers are “peeling” off three different corners and not tight/flush.
qfGAJIe.jpg

Other then that it’s a nice knife, mines tight in every position no blade play or anything. It’s a pretty knife but probably going back to case.
YMeXd1P.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but if I got a Case knife that the bevels & edge sharpness suited me, I'd consider it a pleasant surprise.:) Luckily, it usually only takes a few minutes on the Sharpmaker to straighten things out. The fit & finish is another another matter altogether. Those covers are really nice looking & for the price, I'd expect them to be fitted better. I'd see if Case can do anything about that.

Should this catchbit be ground flat and even to match the other side as well? Sorry I don’t have art to draw on it but hopefully you can see what I’m talking about where the catch bit stands proud and above the liners and bolsters..
AcGrPsY.jpg

The sharpening job doesn’t really put me off but everything else does. I can easily fix and reprofile it but I shouldn’t have to.

Last edited:
Should this be ground flat and even to match the other side as well? Sorry I don’t have art to draw on it but hopefully you can see what I’m talking about where the little spacer stands proud and above the liners and bolsters..
AcGrPsY.jpg

The sharpening job doesn’t really put me off but everything else does. I can easily fix and reprofile it but I shouldn’t have to.

Should this be ground flat and even to match the other side as well? Sorry I don’t have art to draw on it but hopefully you can see what I’m talking about where the little spacer stands proud and above the liners and bolsters..
AcGrPsY.jpg

I wonder if Case would fix this for you under warranty?

they were really good about the case/bose premium stockman I received, but my issue was only a wobbly spay blade

I wonder if Case would fix this for you under warranty?

they were really good about the case/bose premium stockman I received, but my issue was only a wobbly spay blade
I’m not sure, I would have to say I am sure they would...I plan on shooing them an email tomorrow with some questions.

let us know how it goes

as I said, they were real good to me. maybe two weeks turn around, and better than new (literally, lol!)

keeping fingers and toes crossed they treat you likewise!

I'll check my premium stockman, but I'm pretty sure they they weren't flush on either of my case/bose knives (Wilfred hunter, warncliffe trapper, and premium stockman - the trapper may have been close, but I'll check and report back)

Should this catchbit be ground flat and even to match the other side as well? Sorry I don’t have art to draw on it but hopefully you can see what I’m talking about where the catch bit stands proud and above the liners and bolsters..
AcGrPsY.jpg

JzediP8.jpg

Mine is correct.
I was lucky with my stockman and am happy with it, but I don't think I will buy a Case/Bose again seeing the mistakes they make. The excuse that it can be sent to the factory for repair is not admissible on a knife of this price. And even more so when you live in Europe, very difficult with customs. For this price there are quite a few custom knives that are worth it.

AcGrPsY.jpg

Mine appears to be about the same as yours.
bit.jpg

I’m not sure, I would have to say I am sure they would...I plan on shooing them an email tomorrow with some questions.

Just my .02
I would want to return for a replacement or refund.
I agree with every issue you have found, and plenty of good folks think we are nit-picking, but clearly they can and do make them better than they made yours. I would try to find one of those rather than have them 'correct' the grinding sharpening issues. Going to have to lose some useful steel to get that done right.

Cattle Knife is mine now, I fixed the sharpening job and added a couple scratches to the sheepsfoot blade, oops. I’ll be sending it in to Case, they said they would probably be able to fix everything I mentioned. Just a bummer this expensive of a knife has to be returned for warranty work brand new. It will be my one and only Case Bose, I really actually love this knife.

Cattle Knife is mine now, I fixed the sharpening job and added a couple scratches to the sheepsfoot blade, oops. I’ll be sending it in to Case, they said they would probably be able to fix everything I mentioned. Just a bummer this expensive of a knife has to be returned for warranty work brand new. It will be my one and only Case Bose, I really actually love this knife.

I hope Case gets you fixed up. I have three Case/Bose knives, but I bought them all from the Exchange here. I've always liked stockmans, and the Cattle Knife just takes it to the next level.
DSC00118-X4.jpg

Back