Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

I hope Case gets you fixed up. I have three Case/Bose knives, but I bought them all from the Exchange here. I've always liked stockmans, and the Cattle Knife just takes it to the next level.
DSC00118-X4.jpg
It sure does. The cattle knife is damn nice!

Cattle Knife is mine now, I fixed the sharpening job and added a couple scratches to the sheepsfoot blade, oops. I’ll be sending it in to Case, they said they would probably be able to fix everything I mentioned. Just a bummer this expensive of a knife has to be returned for warranty work brand new. It will be my one and only Case Bose, I really actually love this knife.

Maybe you'll rethink that after awhile.:)
DSC00106-X4.jpg

IMG_0944-X4.jpg

I’ve gotten over the minor fit and finish issues with my Cattle Knife. I love the pattern to much to let it go. I’m going to send it in to Case after the first of the year to get it taken care of. It sure is a enjoyable knife to carry and use!

I just got this in today. From the awful auction site. Prolly paid more that I should have but what the heck. I have a cattle knife and a wharncliff trapper and a Norfolk in the same antique bone on the way. Trying out a few to see what fits for me...I really have wanted to try more collabs as of late and don’t want to miss the boat as they are sometimes hard to find. I know I will carry them a bit and maybe take a bath if I resell any but it seems worth it to me for the test drive. A friend of mine I met here tells me “it’s all part of the hobby...” Happy holiday season folks. 3A0B6916-CA76-4783-A7A3-7BA9123282F6.jpeg

So I got my cattle knife today. It’s OK but I don’t like the main blade as it seems the snap is much softer than the secondary blades. I do like the nail nicks are on the same side. Good fit and decent color on the scales. Will see if it grows on me. In comparison the muskrat has excellent snap on both blades. I am a bit picky about snap tho if it isn’t close to being a nail breaker I think it is too soft...I think my customs have spoiled me. Anyhow here is a pic...7BF37715-4E3A-475B-83E4-48A1CB6212D4.jpeg

24C4FF40-B917-4056-BE55-56B64661CEDF.jpeg 49F9F06C-AC5B-41E2-A97E-AA4F82285917.jpeg So I got another pair of collabs in the mail. The first is a wharncliff trapper in antique bone. This one is darn near perfect. Tight snap, maybe 6/7 by my totally subjective interpretation, no gaps in liners, very matched scaled. The wharncliff blade is a tiny bit off center but that doesn’t bother me at all. I am a nut for great snap and matching covers so this knife is really working for me...and the tight liners are a major plus. I like the size and heft too. It’s pocketable at 3 and a half -ish inches but has the feeling of substance as it’s a two blade knife to give it that “chunk of steel” feeling. All in all a great piece.
The other is a Norfolk I traded for here on the forum. I had bought a Damascus version and posted it up and graciously someone offered to trade me a stainless version as I am a bit metal sensitive to the taste of carbon cutting fruit. It’s another dandy. Can’t find a flaw in it...other than the fact that the small clip blade is hard to find with my stubby fingers.

Last edited:
The Norfolk has strong pull and snap, impressive on a single-spring knife. I've always liked the small Clip as secondary blade instead of a Pen, but it is a tough little job to open unless like me you have titanium nails :D

Here it is... My first Case/Bose, the Cattle Knife.

I can only offer my initial impressions and will be evaluating it fully over the next few days. The seller, a member here, was completely up front with what he thought the flaws were on this knife. He sent pictures and a video so I felt very confident in buying this knife for the price he was asking. The first flaw he mentioned was a slight gap at the bolster. It does have a slight gap, but it's not too bad at all. I'd expect no gaps at this price, but it's completely livable for me. The second thing he mentioned was a lighter pull on the main blade. I agree that the pull is lighter than the secondary blades but it's well within what I would consider to be acceptable. Besides the two he mentioned, I think there is slight blade rub on the secondary blades, I can't see it but i can feel it.

The F&F is almost perfect besides those small issues. The bone handles have beautiful color and jigging, the finish on the blades and bolsters is perfect, all the blades are nice and 'snappy', the back spring is perfectly flush in all positions on all three blades, and everything is just beautifully finished. The thing I like most is the design of the knife, and that's what really makes the knife worth the money. The blades all sit low, all the nicks on the same side and accessible, the slanted bolsters, the swedge work, it's all fabulous.

I've often wondered if a Case built knife was worth this amount of money and I'd say it was definitely worth at least what I paid for it. Which could be dangerous for my pocket book in the future. They definitely are a step above the usual production knives I've bough so far and I'm happy I finally pulled the trigger. :cool::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Very nice John! Way to jump in. Knew you couldn't be happy on the shoreline forever ;)

Looking forward to your thoughts after you've had some time with it.

Back