• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

CASE...what in the ???

meako

Gold Member
My youngest is turning 16 soon and I just saw these on instagram.
60548-211-TB6339-SS-Sowbelly-PT03-700x700.jpg

Went to my go to online Case dealer with whom there has never been a problem in fact always outstanding .
Well there is now.
Cue Beaky Buzzard voice:
G' huk G' huk we don't ship no Case knives overseas no more.
Whose brilliant idea was this?
Because I think they should confess and then we all get to line up and kick them on their bottom.
Let me deconstruct this piece of garbage policy and assure one and all that as a long time and loyal customer of this company I will be getting in touch with those responsible.
#1. This appears to only apply to Case brand knives. Perhaps its Case that needs talking to not the dealer.Either way what possible purpose does it serve?....and please don't try to tell me its something about security or such like when it is so obviously easy to circumnavigate.
#2 Im not a businessman nor economist but slicing off a chunk of your customer/retail base ie all international customers...seems well to be honest...stupid...no offence meant....but I can still buy plenty of other brand knives both old and new in the USA and certainly from other countries.If this is the future of knife collecting..Im walking into a desert.
#3 Is Case really struggling to keep up with the American customers demand?
I think not...unless the entire US population have become knife hoarders.
#4 Why are they still advertising their latest editions on instagram and other international media ? The ignorance of this factor alone is astounding....oh look at our new range of knives...ah ah ahh you can't have one....these days that must be a human rights violation...(forget it Im on a roll).
In summary the fact remains that as either a store,company or government policy...it sucks like an airliner toilet and is about as effective as dentures at jerky eating competition.
Over and Out.

Went to my go to online Case dealer with whom there has never been a problem in fact always outstanding .
Well there is now.
Cue Beaky Buzzard voice:
Because I think they should confess and then we all get to line up and kick them on their bottom.
Let me deconstruct this piece of garbage policy and assure one and all that as a long time and loyal customer of this company I will be getting in touch with those responsible.
#1. This appears to only apply to Case brand knives. Perhaps its Case that needs talking to not the dealer.Either way what possible purpose does it serve?....and please don't try to tell me its something about security or such like when it is so obviously easy to circumnavigate.
#2 Im not a businessman nor economist but slicing off a chunk of your customer/retail base ie all international customers...seems well to be honest...stupid...no offence meant....but I can still buy plenty of other brand knives both old and new in the USA and certainly from other countries.If this is the future of knife collecting..Im walking into a desert.
#4 Why are they still advertising their latest editions on instagram and other international media ? The ignorance of this factor alone is astounding....oh look at our new range of knives...ah ah ahh you can't have one....these days that must be a human rights violation...(forget it Im on a roll).
In summary the fact remains that as either a store,company or government policy...it sucks like an airliner toilet and is about as effective as dentures at jerky eating competition.
Over and Out.

I just checked a Case dealer & they will not ship knives overseas with handles made of antlers, exotic woods, or maritime products...…. Looks like you can buy all the Case knives with bone, domestic (USA) wood and synthetic handles you wallet can afford...…..

Well there is now.
Cue Beaky Buzzard voice:
Over and Out.
That really does suck, Jon. I don't understand it either.

I was informed of the same today when I called a large Case dealer . I was very surprised. I also read on another large knife retailer site I use often they would not ship some Victorinox knives out of the USA. I can buy most Victorinox models easily in Canada so I am really confused by all this.

,,,Mike in Canada

I see on the Case corporate website it says that "they" won't ship internationally...…….. But I don't see anything specifically restricting their dealers from doing so...…….

Yes it is a most vexatious conundrum for which I would gladly engage the instigator in debate upon the subject. If that should prove unsatisfactory or inconclusive a bout of pugilistic fisticuffs would be in order.
Marquis of Queensbury rules.

Marquis of Queensbury rules.

Well there is now.
Cue Beaky Buzzard voice:
Over and Out.
I recently purchased a case from an American Co. and had no problems at all having it posted to Oz. Reading some of the other posts, mine was a bone scales if that had anything to do with it. But company i purchased from mailed it same day as ordering online. Do not know if this helps you mate. Have a good day Mr. Walker, you too son.:thumbsup:

No flies on you cudgee...
Thanks for the info.
I just launched a barrage of fairly blunt questions at the Case instagram site.
I quote from dealers site:
Due to Case Knives' new policy, U.S. retailers are no longer allowed to sell outside the U.S.A.! International orders that contain Case knives will be cancelled.

I could sum that up in 2 words.....
It wrankles my gearbox that prior to that its all about Case quality,craftsmanship and fine old time traditiony user,collectible or gift guffle wuffle....and thats authentic frontier gibberish.!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.
Due to Case Knives' new policy, U.S. retailers are no longer allowed to sell outside the U.S.A.! International orders that contain Case knives will be cancelled.

It wrankles my gearbox that prior to that its all about Case quality,craftsmanship and fine old time traditiony user,collectible or gift guffle wuffle....and thats authentic frontier gibberish.!
I would imagine the 2 big internet sellers would not be happy about this. I am just going to email the company i purchased from to see if they have been restricted by case. Will keep you informed when they get back to me.

I just checked a Case dealer & they will not ship knives overseas with handles made of antlers, exotic woods, or maritime products...…. Looks like you can buy all the Case knives with bone, domestic (USA) wood and synthetic handles you wallet can afford...…..
Maritime products?
This just gets better....that must mean abalone and such like? ...the kind that has been completely immersed and hardened in acrylic resin....because I dont see myself ordering any knife soon with scales of raw live barnacle eggs or little heated aquaria with crown of thorns starfish swimming around inside that I might accidentally drop overboard and destroy the Great Barrier Reefs entire ecosystem....too late for that.
Im sorry.
I do get it....but

20190517-152700.jpg

Schmarquis of Schmweensbury.
Maritime products?
This just gets better....that must mean abalone and such like? ...the kind that has been completely immersed and hardened in acrylic resin....because I dont see myself ordering any knife soon with scales of raw live barnacle eggs or little heated aquaria with crown of thorns starfish swimming around inside that I might accidentally drop overboard and destroy the Great Barrier Reefs entire ecosystem....too late for that.
Im sorry.
I do get it....but
I'v emailed the company i have bought from, will let you know when i hear from them. Failing that, if your son is really keen on that particular knife, there is an importer in QLD that can get case knives still in production. We will work something out.

Thanks for the info.

Meako, PMed you an address who will ship. I just received this little guy from them monday, jigged bone. (looks like I'm like the Cavalry, arriving too late :D)
par défaut 1.jpg

Back