Cast Iron Beckerheads, Sound Off!

Cinnamon rolls! Happy Easter everyone!0AE7E0CB-2D57-46CE-B2A7-D5B2A097EA13.jpeg

The kids think these little cast iron pans are magic. “They taste sooo much better than when mom makes them on a cookie sheet.” I didn’t tell them about the 1/4” of melted butter in the bottom of each pan when I started. Lol.

Last edited:
FullSizeRender-XL.jpg

This thread is costing me money ($$$).

Since checking back in I have bought a KA-BAR D2 Extreme (PE), BK-16, and a BK-17.
and if I'm to be totally honest. I'm looking hard at that Harpooney Tweener.

Having fun with your knives is the whole point right? (No Pun Intended)

LostViking LostViking

Does looking at cast iron make you think pf Beckers? :p

Not just cast iron, but food in general. I have had a lot of fun with my Beckers and food. Much of it prepared in cast iron.
IMG_2304-XL.jpg

I love outdoor cooking and the outdoors in general. Everything tastes better outside.
IMG_2328-XL.jpg

For me it all boils down to fun. if you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.
IMG_2929.jpg

If you're outside with food a knife and a fire, and no one is shooting at you. How can you not have fun.
IMG_2935.jpg

If all that fun ends up in some cast iron, so be it.
IMG_2934.jpg

1DCAF1BE-487F-4566-AD30-DB8278149B16.jpeg 2E595873-999D-43FB-928B-40F26E39FD95.jpeg Making individual meatloafs today, just right for a hamburger bun.

Some will get eaten today, some to take to work for lunch this week, and some for the freezer.

When I cook I make large batches so I can freeze for the future. This way I’m not eating the same thing all week.

I used to eat it over and over until I was sick of it, then wonder if whats is left still fresh enough to freeze or should be tossed.

Now I freeze it while it’s still fresh, then have more variety all week eating stuff I cooked previously.

Last edited:
EC7F9296-B751-4AE7-B52E-A91720663707.jpeg 026CF0FC-3BB1-4A2D-A08B-3F8D5623EFA0.jpeg E330F63F-CDD2-409C-8EEB-E63665ABDC17.jpeg
I like the little "Mini-Meal" idea!

thanks! I use these cheap containers. For fresh ingredients in the fridge, and to split into serving sizes. Then I fill my freezer, it’s mostly bone broth vegetable soups. 6 minutes in the microwave I have a fresh meal. Or I take it work in my hot logic mini plug it into my power outlet 2 hours before lunch and have a healthy hot lunch.

By freezing I don’t get bored because I never eat from the same batch twice in a row and every batch it different.

I just had the last serving of corned beef and cabbage left over from St Patrick’s day.

Last edited:
Back