Casual Wear for Beckerheads

I just take whatever is clean from my old\worn out\rat assed clothes pile, which is tossed into the upper left corner of a closet shelf.
IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3344.jpg

I like your style. :D Nice pike!

Carheart work dungaree's year round, with T shirt during the summer and a Northface fleece coat type thing in cool weather.

I just take whatever is clean from my old\worn out\rat assed clothes pile, which is tossed into the upper left corner of a closet shelf.

mmm, metal detecting while theres's still snow on the ground. that's hardcore.

clothes? oh. well. too many t-shirts. been wearing polos at work more :) otherwise, i'm almost 100% BDUs, get the nice formal colors (black, ups brown, tan) nobody notices. must have large and in general cargo pockets too.

i need to drop some $$$ on new stuff and "reinvent" myself. too much of my clothing is getting worn out again. man, every 5 years like clockwork, i seem to go clothes shopping ;) what a hassle :)

I don't even need to wear any clothes to carry a knife.

DO I NEED TO SHOW PICS????

If you reach around to your back side you will find a narrow slot usually known as the BUTTCRACK, works perfect for those situations you need to place something fast in and use both
hands at once.....

If you reach around to your back side you will find a narrow slot usually known as the BUTTCRACK, works perfect for those situations you need to place something fast in and use both
hands at once.....

Somewhere in General recently, there was a thread about one-handed openers.
Lots of folks said they needed a one-hander because they often were hanging onto a ladder or some other tool when they needed a knife.
Flexxx, however, has totally shot that theory to shreds with a single butt clinch.

hands at once.....

okay. photo contest. round up people named Dawn :)

So, yeah. Anyway.

I picked up a pair of Old Navy cargo shorts because I liked the heavy feel of the fabric. I'd had an older pair that worked great. After my recent fairly strenuous hiking trip, I know I need a gusseted crotch. These'll still be good for a lot of general duty stuff though.

Otherwise it's plain tshirts, or whatever happens to be around. I don't have much specific outdoorsy gear other than some Mountain Hardware pants that are good if it'll be windy or rainy.

'Spose I need to research clothes!

mmm, metal detecting while theres's still snow on the ground. that's hardcore.

I'll post up some finds sometime from a 1780's fur trade site. I'll pop on a pic of fur trade rings right now if I can find it.
IMG_2901.jpg

Cool rings.

While we're doing apparel, somebody school me on jungle boots.
I see Altama and Wellco as main manufacturers for the military.
Any preferences? Any better choices?

Last edited:
I don't know if you have that company in the US, but I owned a pair of Aigle Desert Boots (essentially the same thing as jungle boots) and I loved them on the hot roads and in the woods of Slovakia in summer 2006. Great boots, expensive, but extremely lightweight, breathable, and when you wade through a creek with them, they're completely dry after about 1h of walking.

My pants are a brand called Haglofs. Theyre reinforced at the seat, knees and ankles. Cargo pockets are a must for hiking. Theyre synthetic, light, windproof and extremely quick drying.

main_normal.png

i want these pants :) i just can't find them. exact name and model please?

I don't know if you have that company in the US, but I owned a pair of Aigle Desert Boots (essentially the same thing as jungle boots) and I loved them on the hot roads and in the woods of Slovakia in summer 2006. Great boots, expensive, but extremely lightweight, breathable, and when you wade through a creek with them, they're completely dry after about 1h of walking.

I think you're talking about jump boots. I never had a pair of those particular ones, but I did have a nice pair of flight deck boots.

I think you're talking about jump boots. I never had a pair of those particular ones, but I did have a nice pair of flight deck boots.

Nope, jump boots are a lot heavier and stiffer because they have to protect the ankle of the paratrooper while landing. At least the two pairs of german Springerstiefel that I owned were like that.

We dropped off some stuff at Goodwill yesterday. While I was talking to the guy at the counter Mrs. T walked over to the rack and pulled off a pair of women's Patagonia trail pants (tags still attached). Three bucks. Karma.

Back