• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mixed Caution with dealing with member "Edgefinder"

When I stated it was made like an antique pick lock, I mistakenly thought you would understand that antique pick locks are not of the highest finish. I honestly think the lock-up is very good for a knife of this type.
It is not a "bank vault" lock-up.
Not many pick locks that I have owned in 40+ years lock-up that tightly with -0- movement.
Your expectations are/were greater/different than mine, and my inability to describe what you were asking in this particular case.
I did get this knife directly from Jeremy and it has been stored since, and this is how he makes them. When you asked the blade steel type I immediately contacted Jeremy and asked him and he stated 1095. I immediately informed you of the 1095 blade steel.
Sorry, it did not work out.
I do not sell knives for a living. It is a hobby that I have enjoyed for 40+ years.

All the best to you.
I understand picklocks quite well, enough to know that they can be MUCH better than this one was...

OT just for the sake of injecting some lighter mood now that Chip has apparently been made whole, well at least for his fund$, and that the knife is on its way back to the seller:

Years ago before I knew what a sh*tshow Internet dating sites could be, I used to fall for the adjective "athletic" like when a girl used to describe herself with athletic builds. To my noob mind and foolish imagination, it meant a firm and steely booty forged with copious squats and washboard abs. To my horror, I often used to discover the Rosie O'Donnell type build from the flick, A League of Their Own :eek: :rolleyes: :thumbsdown: :mad:

Same thing with the use and the insinuation of the phrase "antique lock" in here!

When I stated it was made like an antique pick lock, I mistakenly thought you would understand that antique pick locks are not of the highest finish. I honestly think the lock-up is very good for a knife of this type.
It is not a "bank vault" lock-up.
Not many pick locks that I have owned in 40+ years lock-up that tightly with -0- movement.
Your expectations are/were greater/different than mine, and my inability to describe what you were asking in this particular case.
I did get this knife directly from Jeremy and it has been stored since, and this is how he makes them. When you asked the blade steel type I immediately contacted Jeremy and asked him and he stated 1095. I immediately informed you of the 1095 blade steel.
Sorry, it did not work out.
I do not sell knives for a living. It is a hobby that I have enjoyed for 40+ years.

All the best to you.

Did you suffer a head injury recently? Because after only about 15+ years of enjoying this hobby, I can even recognize the poor quality of the knife in question (Let alone 40+ years).

Perhaps you should once over your collection and use this knife as a benchmark as a POS knife, because that’s exactly what is represented in the OP by WValtakis WValtakis

I saw that knife when listed and was suitably unimpressed by the knife and price. Not surprised it lived up to it’s description/picture.

Did you suffer a head injury recently? Because after only about 15+ years of enjoying this hobby, I can even recognize the poor quality of the knife in question (Let alone 40+ years).

Perhaps you should once over your collection and use this knife as a benchmark as a POS knife, because that’s exactly what is represented in the OP by WValtakis WValtakis

Just over a year here my self and wondering who would pay 400 for this? Was it made sculpted entirely using a single file? Has to be something to justify the level of F&F and time spent by the maker?
If you only buy janky high priced customs how could one know the difference?
Will not be steering my collection this way anytime soon :)

I can't add much other than to agree that the knife was poorly described and as Chip, WValtakis WValtakis I would have been extremely disappointed upon receiving and would have asked for a refund.

Then, posting the knife for sale without having it BACK was real poor form. Imagine a post office snafu and the knife, that you now would have sold TWICE, being lost or damaged. Yikes what a :poop: show that would have been. :confused: Well, crisis averted Chip's OK - don't now if the seller learned much. :rolleyes:

I think this thread is a rash decision
I don't. Thank you WValtakis WValtakis for letting us know about this experience.

IMHO Edgefinder made a mistake, or two. He made good on it. Can we let it go?
The seller made far more than just a "mistake or two". I count 3 separate rule violations, the main of which put another member out a huge amount of time (with the hassle and safety risk of a return) and at least some money. The seller has only apologized for relisting the knife. If he owns up to his "mistakes" then perhaps we can move on.

Helpful thread- Thanks. Especially to all the members who spoke up to express their opinion- Thanks for volunteering.

Although the seller certainly made several mistakes here (no doubt there), they appear to have immediately agreed to a return and refund once the buyer specifically asked. Hopefully some lessons learned by the seller moving forward. Glad to see this appears to be resolved as best it could. I would have been disappointed, just like the buyer here. Would I have started a thread in gbu? Can't say for sure; not that someone would be wrong for doing so by any means. And I do hope that the seller refunded the buyer's cost of shipping to return, as they should have in this situation.

Back