CC just got charged for the CF Military M390!!

What a bummer..I guess I got lucky when I called about mine. Although mine was in a rougher state than just a scratch. How it came to me, the blade was way off to the locking side. It didn't rub, but it had some side to side play..tightening the pivot got rid of side to side, but made the blade even more off to where if you put enough pressure when opening, the blade would touch the liner. Loosening the pivot to center the blade works, but side to side was even more sloppy..

I didn't think they'd be able to exchange since its a sprint..

The first one I got was rock solid and perfect..not sure what happened with this second..tracking shows KW should be receiving it today

Yeah makes sense, but come on, we don't pay $220 for a knife with big flaws in it. I'm not talking about "normal" qc stuff.

Anyways, I emailed Charlynn if there is anything she could do. Lauren at KW was kind as said that they still had a few milies waiting to be shipped out for people who never got back to them. She said it would be quicker to just deal with Spyderco and that they could fix it. Sure hope so!

Yeah makes sense, but come on, we don't pay $220 for a knife with big flaws in it. I'm not talking about "normal" qc stuff.

Anyways, I emailed Charlynn if there is anything she could do. Lauren at KW was kind as said that they still had a few milies waiting to be shipped out for people who never got back to them. She said it would be quicker to just deal with Spyderco and that they could fix it. Sure hope so!

Think positive and be patient..it'll all work out

Well I finally had a chance to call them again today. I originally per-ordered on 9/25, never got any email to pay so I called them last Monday and gave them all of my credit card info. A full week passed and still nothing so I called again just now and it turns out the person who took my credit card info last Monday just threw it down on someone's desk and it was never seen. Luckily the girl today was really helpful and found the info and said she will get it out today or tomorrow. I can't wait. :D

There's the lock rock... After the wow factor wore off and I looked closer I also notice that the grinds are way off, and I mean way off.

Can you take some pics? I'll have to inspect mine closer after I see your pics.

Alright, another update. Charlynn got back to me this morning and told me to send the M390 military with the Ti military. She said they would take a look at it to see if they can get it out. I told her because of the location and depth it should be pretty easy. Anyways, I'll send them in tomorrow or thursday and then the long wait begins.

still no shipping notice for me, KW keeps saying it will ship on x day, never does :mad:

Hang in there man. Mine finally got charged today. Still don't see any shipping notice though but I'm happy I see the charge. I think you and I may be the last ones to get them but it will be worth it. :D I keep watching/reading reviews to hold me over, I can't wait.

Hang in there man. Mine finally got charged today. Still don't see any shipping notice though but I'm happy I see the charge. I think you and I may be the last ones to get them but it will be worth it. :D I keep watching/reading reviews to hold me over, I can't wait.

Just checked the email, FINALLY shipped.
Everyone and their mother are getting theirs, its about time :p

Hopefully it doesn't have to go up on the exchange, Im in a bit deep with the purchases lately :eek:

Hopefully it doesn't have to go up on the exchange, Im in a bit deep with the purchases lately :eek:

I just got the email too, about a half hour ago! :thumbup:

Are you domestic (within the US)? Shipping frequency often differs for foreign shipping, though I'm not sure what KW's practices are.

Are you domestic (within the US)? Shipping frequency often differs for foreign shipping, though I'm not sure what KW's practices are.
yeah im domestic, just saw that some who preordered later than I did were recieving notices before I did.

not a huge deal, im just impatient. :p

Mine only took 6 days to reach me in Canada, that's with clearing customs and all. Didn't seem too bad to me.

The international shipping does cost $34.95 though, plus the duties and taxes etc once it arrived. Too bad I'm not at home, so my wife could only show it too me over facetime...:eek:

yeah im domestic, just saw that some who preordered later than I did were recieving notices before I did.

not a huge deal, im just impatient. :p

I pre-ordered mine on October 12th with Paypal. Once I saw all the people get theirs from the first wave, I emailed them my credit card details to make sure it shipped when the last batch came in. I don't know if that made a difference though.

Back