Cerakote replacing DLC on 535bk-4

I read somewhere that the 535bk-4 was no longer going to have DLC but instead use Cerakote. Does anybody know if that is the whole run or just certain production runs.

I seem to remember an article saying that several models have changed to Cerakote instead of DLC because of production bottlenecks.

How would you tell if yours had DLC or Cerakote? I find it hard to tell unless they are side by side.

I read somewhere that the 535bk-4 was no longer going to have DLC but instead use Cerakote. Does anybody know if that is the whole run or just certain production runs.

I seem to remember an article saying that several models have changed to Cerakote instead of DLC because of production bottlenecks.

How would you tell if yours had DLC or Cerakote? I find it hard to tell unless they are side by side.
Benchmade sent out a page to dealers stating that the Bugouts would be coated with Cerakote and DLC would be discontinued. This was to begin immediately. I cancelled my preorder for the 535-4 because of it. I was lucky and found a dealer that had some first run 535-4 in stock, with the DLC coating. They aren't marked first production either. I have seen a few first production marked ones that had DLC as well. It looks like Benchmade made several with DLC coating and then switched. This would correspond with the memo they sent. I have attached the memo.

8AOM5Bl.jpg

Here is my 535-4 with DLC. The DLC coating is a flat black. The Cerakote finish has more sheen to it.

lHYMUct.jpg

TXPO

Back