Cerberus Folder?

Hey all,

I was just wondering why there isn't much talk about this folder. On paper it looks like a real winner and is priced right also. It checks pretty much all the boxes on my list. Is there some flaw in the design or something else I am missing? I couldn't find any reviews here for it so if you have one please let us know what you think.

Thanx

Well I never got one because of the locking system. So far EVERY frame lock and liner lock has failed me. Not trusting and being aware of their failure capacity for me has kept me from loosing an finger many a time.

Well I never got one because of the locking system. So far EVERY frame lock and liner lock has failed me. Not trusting and being aware of their failure capacity for me has kept me from loosing an finger many a time.

Really? You must have some bad luck! I’ve only had one lock ever fail on me, and it was a lock back/mid lock. I’ve even batonned a couple of liner lock/frame lock knives with no issue.

What in the world are you doing with your folders that EVERY frame and liner lock you've had has failed?T That seems very unusual to me.

Use the right tool for the job.

Cutting things like small game, cardboard and no rock quarrying stuff, blade would slip out of lock, at times. So I just let my current ones "attrition out" (wear out, break, get lost or get stolen) and I don't replace them. But they did good work when I worked with them mostly, I just never trusted them after to many "bites" so to speak. So they fell out of my preference, I use my knives so I'm more of a functionality type person. If it got good looks that's an added plus for me. For a folder at that price point its usually not for me, personal/financial reasons mostly.

Good Review, it says it has a more special better lock up system he's seen, my guess is its much safer type of knife than others of its locking system I have to say *Eats a little crow since they are the tenderest*.

If its the same blade steel as the fixed blade Cerberus, I can vouch for that D2 steel is pretty dang stout and durable and get sharp. I got two of the fixed blade after I saw a nice video on it that turned out I found made by one of our people here!

Cutting things like small game, cardboard and no rock quarrying stuff, blade would slip out of lock, at times. So I just let my current ones "attrition out" (wear out, break, get lost or get stolen) and I don't replace them. But they did good work when I worked with them mostly, I just never trusted them after to many "bites" so to speak. So they fell out of my preference, I use my knives so I'm more of a functionality type person. If it got good looks that's an added plus for me. For a folder at that price point its usually not for me, personal/financial reasons mostly.

Good Review, it says it has a more special better lock up system he's seen, my guess is its much safer type of knife than others of its locking system I have to say *Eats a little crow since they are the tenderest*.

If its the same blade steel as the fixed blade Cerberus, I can vouch for that D2 steel is pretty dang stout and durable and get sharp. I got two of the fixed blade after I saw a nice video on it that turned out I found made by one of our people here!
Does this have anything to do with the cerberus? Or are you just hating on folders in general?? Will you be interjecting this opinion in every folder thread? It's very off topic.

Last edited:
Mo2 you seem to like to jump to conclusions. The op asked a question why and I answered one reason might be the locking system. I like folders, I have gone back to lock backs and looking at the other more secure locking systems. I was going to get some Wraiths for X-mass presents this month but but had to get a Falcon for hunting. Will have to be next month or so.

Thanks for the replies all. Sorry this was left to die as I went away with no internet for awhile. Looks like a great knife and I was hoping that someone would have some hands on experience with it. Still pretty baffled that these aren't more popular.

Have you ever heard of the Apache tac 1 folder? It was another great Ontario folder that hardly saw any advertising until they were almost out of stock everywhere. I’m sure this one is worth the price, but haven’t bought one yet.

Back