CF TGLB owners: Anyone experience this with their CF blade?

May I suggest Renaissance Wax? I am a museum curator for a private trust museum.
In addition to using at the museum I use it on all of my personal firearms and knives.
You can purchase the smallest size - a little bit goes a long way.
You can find it on ebay.

Who Uses RENAISSANCE Wax-Polish:

UK: British Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum. Royal Armories (Tower of London , London & Leeds, National Army Museum, Imperial War Museum, the Wallace Collection, H.M. the Queen's Royal Armorer (at Marlborough House), the Guards Museum (Wellington Barracks), the Gurkha Museum (Winchester), the Military Museums at Aldershot, Royal Green Jackets Regimental Museum, the Gunsmith at Chatham Historic Dockyard (Kent), the Johnny Armstrong Gallery, and Museum of Border Arms & Armor (Scotland), National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland. Belgium: Musee Royal de l'Armee et d'Histoire Militaire-Brussels. USA: Gunsmith at Colonial Williamsburg, the Smithsonian, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Academy of Art-Honolulu, Texarcana College-Bladesmithing & Metallurgy, Rockfeller Restorations, and many many more institutions around the world.

Sorry folks, I should have posted an update to this issue. I did send the knife back to the shop to have the decarb layer taken off and to get hand shaped handles.

The shop did an outstanding job as usual. There is no sign of any rust since it came back few months ago. Here is how it looks now.

Busse-TGLBS-1.JPG

So in your opening post, this is the knife that was brand new in August, then 1.5 months later it looks all rusty with textured handles? Yet, this is the knife that was sent to the shop for a clean up and hand shaped handles applied? Maybe there's an image issue going on? I'm confused.

So in your opening post, this is the knife that was brand new in August, then 1.5 months later it looks all rusty with textured handles? Yet, this is the knife that was sent to the shop for a clean up and hand shaped handles applied? Maybe there's an image issue going on? I'm confused.

WOW!!! the first picture is the same as the last picture. I didn't even think about checking my first post. Good catch Rob.

I think what happend here is that after I took new pictures of the knife when I got it back, I renamed the picture the same is the old one, it then got replaced. :(

I tried the Internet archive for the first post, no luck there. I am going to have to to go look in my home computer to see if I have a copy of it somewhere. The only difference in appearance of the first and last picture was the handle. Sorry folks.

It was just my cost to ship it to the shop (I used a medium flat rate USPS box), no additional cost IIRC.

Next time use the non flat rate similar sized box and save yourself $3 for a beer/half pack of bacon :D
ps pretty laynard:p

RenWax is good, I like Flitz "rifle, gun & knife wax" a little bit better. I found a bunch for cheap on Amazon and I use it all the time, it's even a decent cleaner.

I just inspected my CF TGLB, which gets treated with the Flitz wax every time I use it and the only place I found a touch of surface rust was inside the lanyard hole and the holes on the guard which I don't think I've been treating...

Back