CFK Knife update and company history

Amazing how quickly dishonest people can identify their own kind. Instant response to a possible lie, but doublespeak for everything else. Don't you see? Most of these folks don't care that your blades are made in Pakistan! Fess up, stand tall, and embrace that you source great knives from Pakistan that AREN'T made in the USA and all this negativity will go away. It's so simple, but liars never let go...

Fess up, stand tall, and embrace that you source great knives from Pakistan,

I have already told this forum, and all the others where the knives are made. Take a look. Believe the nay-sayers and continue to be frustrated or believe the company making them and get on with it.

CFK has told us several places where the knives are allegedly made, and offered no - NO - evidence to support any of those claims. There is evidence, give it what weight you wish, that they are made in Pakistan, and they look like Pakistan and sell at Pakistan prices. We are told (above post) one arrived with this as part of the internal padding: http://imgur.com/t7O0nzN

As it happens I have many knives or swords made in the Indian subcontinent, and some are amazingly good. But given that heat treatment and steel type cannot be seen in a picture, we are left with the integrity of the seller - or the absence thereof.

Last edited:
You don't make your knives in England, then hand finish in America. That is a bold faced lie that is too ridiculous to be repeated.

You came to meeting of the prepared minds with your lies, and said that you would have video proof of your knives being made somewhere soon, and it never happened.

Most people wouldn't even care that the knives came from Pakistan if you heat treated and finished them yourself, but if you have knives made in Pakistan AND your a bold faced liar, nobody who cares about knives is going to like you. Plain and simple. In fact, they may come to hate your company.

I don't care who you copy, I don't really care where your knives are made, I am tired of the lies, just like everyone else.

Anyway, the real bombshell for me having gotten all into the drama provided by this thread was when I opened the package and removed the metric ton of bubble wrap from around it, wrapped inside wrap was a torn piece of wrapping with this inside:

I missed the part about it being accidentally stuck inside the wrap. Can you post a pic of the knife?

If it was stuck inside the wrap of a CFK order, that's pretty damning.

I'm not good at reading maps but this looks interesting. Is this somewhere in the states?

I never said this was the packing for my knife. I found this torn piece of packing INSIDE my bubble wrap INSIDE the package.

Knob_Country admits right here that he lied. Then Thomas and Crufflers push it as if it was truth. This is hilarious. This guy got his hand caught in the cookie jar and now the forum goes on another wild chase of baloney. Believing this guy is like reading the GLOBE about Hilary Clinton being a Lizard Alien and then calling her out on it and then hoping waiting for her to comment on it. Joke.

Like everyone on here but Thomas Linton, I have purchased some CFK and IPAK knives of Amazon. Nice knives.

CFK's D2 knives can not be made in Pakistan. Have you seen what comes out of Pakistan. Not this quality of knife.

Just because the owner won't give up all his sources, doesn't make him a liar. I think what has happened is this CFK & IPAK has put out a solid product that is making the rest of the knife industry flop over on their backs in horror. If this CFK keeps it up, then no one will buy the overrated competition's inferior knives.

F. Hicks

Wait, so not giving up his sources doesn't make him a liar? Or saying repeatedly that his knives are made in England and hand finished in America doesn't make him a liar?

I have two of their knives in D2. The same crap finish as pakistinian knives, the same crap hollow grind on every one, the same thick edge. Could heat treat be better or more consistent? Sure. Maybe he found the right Pakistinian prince knife maker.

No one will buy the overrated competitions inferior knives?

That's how we know you don't use knives. Enjoy your letter openers

I'm not pushing it as the truth. I wasn't there when he opened his CFK order. One of these reasons I wanted to see a picture of the knife he ordered. I know a CFK when I see it. I have said before that if these are PAKI knives, they are the best ones I have seen. I tested them along side Scrap Yards and they perform well for me. I would ike to know the truth about where they are made. YES I personally believe they are 100% made in Pakistan. I have no idea what steel it is but it is decent and I can sharpen it. I don't buy these any more but I still have quite a few - most of the ones I posted. I gave away two or three. I have one in my car trunk. I have a couple in the kitchen knife drawer. I use them. HOWEVER, I think the HOOK is a LIE. Just MHO. You are welcome to yours too.

I think what has happened is this CFK & IPAK has put out a solid product that is making the rest of the knife industry flop over on their backs in horror. If this CFK keeps it up, then no one will buy the overrated competition's inferior knives.

F. Hicks

I think if a competitor actually looked at the motley product line and the grinds, the sharpening notches in the wrong places, etc... they would not see them as a threat or direct competition. Prices that could only mean slave labor and or inferior materials, etc... maybe the labor thing. American labor is not cheap. I don't think it would be easy or profitable to make a stacked leather knife with decent grinds or a Camel Bone handled bowie with decent fit and finish to sell for $35-$45. They must pay $10 delivered from Sialkot in bulk for these. Just my opinion. No one knows for sure right?

The steel works and the blades are serviceable, but the big thick Paki blades can't replace a great design with proven steel and a RES-C handle unless you want to chop till your hand is bruised to the bone, but I was chopping and hammering OAK where blades like SYKCO's kick serious butt. I'd like the thinner smaller bowies for actual use like cutting things. If you are doing that you have OKC, ESSE, Kabar, and a lot of other cheaper knives that would do as well as a CFK and you know what they are made of and can buy USA if you want.

Last edited:
Knob_Country admits right here that he lied. Then Thomas and Crufflers push it as if it was truth. This is hilarious. This guy got his hand caught in the cookie jar and now the forum goes on another wild chase of baloney. Believing this guy is like reading the GLOBE about Hilary Clinton being a Lizard Alien and then calling her out on it and then hoping waiting for her to comment on it. Joke.

Like everyone on here but Thomas Linton, I have purchased some CFK and IPAK knives of Amazon. Nice knives.

CFK's D2 knives can not be made in Pakistan. Have you seen what comes out of Pakistan. Not this quality of knife.

Just because the owner won't give up all his sources, doesn't make him a liar. I think what has happened is this CFK & IPAK has put out a solid product that is making the rest of the knife industry flop over on their backs in horror. If this CFK keeps it up, then no one will buy the overrated competition's inferior knives.

F. Hicks

And we are supposed to believe you are an independent operator here - after the chain of newbies who have appeared out of the blue to defend the indefensible, never to post about anything else? You are another obvious stalking horse.

Nor did member Knob admit he lied. He posted:
Anyway, the real bombshell for me having gotten all into the drama provided by this thread was when I opened the package and removed the metric ton of bubble wrap from around it, wrapped inside wrap was a torn piece of wrapping with this inside:

http://i.imgur.com/t7O0nzN.jpg

I laughed out loud. The same company name and approximate address is here:

http://www.companiess.com/black_smit...fo2143170.html

It doesn't bother me in the least except for them being deceptive about it. Knife is worth what I paid and seems pretty tough.

So he has remained consistent about where the documentation of a Pakistani source appeared. What someone else thought he posted is neither here nor there. Take the time to read the posts before rushing to defend yourself, CFK.

Nor did I vouch for Mr Knob. I cited his evidence, like the evidence of the guy who said saw a CFK knife on the production workbench in Pakistan. That evidence is consistent with everything else we have learned about Custom Forged Knives - the shifting story about their source, the lack of a production facility in the U.S., the appearance of the knives, the price at which they sell, the obvious reality that they are not "custom" in any sense.

Against that, we have your unsupported claims, CFK.

As for all competitor's knives being inferior to CFK's Pakistani product, that is a dubious opinion, and this is Blade Forums, not eBay or FaceBook. Post a few thousands times on various bladish topics, CFK, so we have some feel for the weight to give your opinion. The business about forging D2 for hours did not help.

So we await the proof you promised months ago. But we do not hold our breath.

Isn't it funny that whenever a big name person or company comes under attack here on bladeforums, and they are shady af, all these new accounts pop up to talk about it and defend them? lol

Reactions: Mo2
Isn't it funny that whenever a big name person or company comes under attack here on bladeforums, and they are shady af, all these new accounts pop up to talk about it and defend them? lol

Mr. Knob and the other fellow, in retrospect, were also newbies popping up with claims and photos that seem fake. Photos and packing slips with missing info and no further followup. It appears to me that the long-time members have their own Newbies in their pockets to launch counter strikes. And yes offering damning info here, since CFK won't back up its claims on this forum, leaves a void for "filling in the missing" with more erroneous claims from the members of the forum.

Nor did I vouch for Mr Knob. I cited his evidence, like the evidence of the guy who said saw a CFK knife on the production workbench in Pakistan.

On the CFK website now (as of this month), it states the knives are made in UK and from time to time some USA firms do handle work or sheath production and we have seen the USA come off the brand mark and a D2 appear in the center. Could this D2 mean that the knives are D2, duh. Maybe they changed things, so what. The knives are made really well and are performing well for my needs. And a lifetime warranty is nice.

I came to this forum to state my views on the matter, as I like their knives.

I also agree that some sort of metallurgy test and a Rockwell test might help these guys. Hope they are listening.

Thomas: what does "custom" mean to you?

If I go to any gun show in the USA these days, there are 10-15 US vendors selling "custom handmade" knives of all steel types. Obviously the blades are made somewhere else. But they tell me that they made the knives and put the handles on them, and want 150-500 for these. Maybe this is the new "custom handmade" of the modern age. Seems many many knife groups are now considering this work, made in the USA.

Thomas: Maybe you should get with your "knife consortium" and make some rules and define "custom" so that the word can be defined and agreed on in the knife world.

CFK does not sell at shows (they say), and sell only on the web. The prices they are asking do merry up with known wholesale pricing of other knives in their class. CFK says it wholesales its knives to the general public (see their website). Maybe this is why their prices are set where they are at on Amazon. All the knives range from 69.99 - 149.99.

Nothing is set at 30.00 like this forum eludes. In my opinion, eBay is a wild market with auctions. If you want to take a Tops knife and auction it off at 1.00 the ending value on any given day is usually 50-75% lower than asking retail. Maybe CFK has designs it does not sell well on their wholesale "Buy it Now" rates and thus auction them off to move them out. This makes sense as 90% of their designs, but the few sold on Amazon, ever have more than 1 in stock.

CFK sure does get a lot of free press from this forum, good or bad, it is press. If you really want to harm CFK stop talking about them. LOL

Anyway, this is my two-cents.

F. Hicks

CFK sure does get a lot of free press from this forum, good or bad, it is press. If you really want to harm CFK stop talking about them. LOL
F. Hicks

I think very few want to harm CFK as the goal here, but if trying to find the truth about the knives origin is harmful, I don't care. If the marketing that hooks buyers is a bold faced lie, then exposing it is not good at all for them. Not all press is good press.

There are plenty of higher quality Paki knives coming out of the same region and the sellers tell the truth about the origins. Yeah, CFK seems to have jacked up prices. They used to have many many many .99 auctions that could be won from time to time at $30-$45 in my actual experience. I can show you some, but all you have to do is read this thread. I won't post them again. You really think all those funky designs, rip offs of well known designs, and all that pakimascus steel is USA made and designed? Sure, it is all forged in England (a super secret special formula for improved "D2"), then shipped here to the states and launched into space to be vaccuum hardened in Saturn's outer most ring and then back to Oregon for handles and final polish. So much skilled English and US labor goes into these blades that they can sell them for $30-$70... but they will take more if you will pay it ;)

From the CFK website.
Hours 9AM - 5PM

Please call for an appointment.

So has any customer actually ever been physically at CFK where one can "call for an appointment" to visit there manufacturing facility? Or is this just another episode of DrBullDog AKA Jason Baker just blowing more smoke?

From the CFK website.

So has any customer actually ever been physically at CFK where one can "call for an appointment" to visit there manufacturing facility? Or is this just another episode of DrBullDog AKA Jason Baker just blowing more smoke?

You'd have to call for an "appointment" and an actual address. The address listed is just a small postal shop that rents private mail boxes. You could go have coffee there and watch box #259. The shop gets great YELP reviews. If you are in Portland...

CFK Cutlery Co. is a privately owned Knife manufacturer for the CFK and iPak Survival Brands, and was founded in 2005, to ensure the highest quality knives are made at the best possible prices. We have been through the knife making process, and after years of careful research and know-how, have found what it takes to make the best possible handmade knife at a fair price. J. Black & J. Baker handle the marketing and advertising for the company.

We source the metals we use from Germany and Sweden. The blades and parts of the knife are handmade and manufactured in England, the components and blades are imported to the United States where contracted knife makers, assemble the knives.
Our entire inventory of knives are sold WHOLESALE, on eBay & Amazon, direct to our customers.

The steel is forged and treated in England with American craftsmen assembling the final knife to insure extremely short run knives, each hand made.

The steel is forged in england and then treated in the USA ....

I broker deals with custom knife makers, one in particular, who uses German steel and hand finishes the Knives here in the USA.

We have Damascus bars made to our specifications and then we import them here to the USA and make our knives in a small brick & mortar knife shop.

This knife's blade is 100% handmade of USA D2 Tool Steel. It is tempered to 60-62HRC on a C-Scale.

This knife's blade is 100% handmade of German Sandvik D2 Tool Steel. It is tempered to 60-62HRC on a C-Scale.

This knife's blade is made with German Steels and then the knife is finished here in PA, USA

Picture of CFK knife on work table in Pakistan
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ives-as-hand-made-when-they-are-blanks/page22

I have been selling knives for eight years. I have sold over 100,000 knives on the Internet & in shows, since that time.

CFK Cutlery Co. has teamed up with Anythingyouwantdirect and are offering some of their "sample" knives at a Wholesale Prices here on eBay; for the spring and summer months. CFK Cutlery Co. normally offer their custom knives to dealers who then retail them for $120.00 to $250.00 on select websites and or at Gun and Knife shows locally, in the USA.

CFK Cutlery Co. is committed to help small businesses sell Damascus knives at gun and knife shows. These are all unbranded SAMPLE knives. The are made extremely well and are backed by the CFK Lifetime Replacement Guarantee .

CFK Cutlery Co. make sample knives for private label knife companies. The knives that are not purchased by the private label brand are sold here. These are all unbranded knives.

My wife Emily maintains the Fishcreekcutlery site and I, Jason, maintain the Anythingyouwantdirect site.

Mark Owner Information
Owning Party Type: Owner at Publication
Owner Name: JASON BAKER

CFK Cutlery Co. works under contract with knife designers to and cutlery retailers to create custom knives for private label branding.

Some of this may be true.

Now tell us, "Hicks" how you have personal knowledge that the claims made about a Pakistani origin for Custom forged Knives are "erroneous."

As for what "custom" means, it perhaps does not mean production available for wholesale supply to other dealers.

You'd have to call for an "appointment" and an actual address. The address listed is just a small postal shop that rents private mail boxes. You could go have coffee there and watch box #259. The shop gets great YELP reviews. If you are in Portland...

Yes which substantiates my point of such a lack of transparency and honesty concerning CFK Cutlery and DrBulldog AKA Jason Baker when it comes to the manufacturing origins of their knives. What kind of a reputable company operates out of a "rent a mailbox" postal shop?

Back