CFK Knife update and company history

CFK:
Oh, more than "a clue." Eleven posts out of the blue defending the indefensible.

Believe it or not, you are not only without credibility here but you are also not in charge here. So save your breath to cool your soup. We don't attack just "anybody." We do express disapproval of scammers like you who's business plan depends on the vulnerability of the ill-informed. Your orders will be ignored.
all you have is hate, asshole, so shove it. CFK accounts for maybe 2 percent of the knives I sell, so I'm not trying to scam anybody. I have well over a couple thousand positive feeback perfect score both as a buyer, and seller. I dont collect CFK, but do give folks a choice, unlike you. And for the record, youre not the tough guy you make yourself out to be. I am a combat Vietnam vet with bronze star, and 2 purple hearts, so dont think for a second that I am intimidated by your ignorant ass!!!! I never asked for your acceptance, nor will I, I only asked to be heard as a voice on what I thought was a civil thread. You again proved why I ignore drones like you. I will now leave your Peyton place tough guy!!

Terrifying! :eek:

"Mr Motivations" of seven posts in a few days, pro-CFK, who disappeared four years ago.

"Eric Hamilton" who appeared, posted six times here in defense of CFK over a period of days years ago and was never seen again.

"Charlie Rollie" who appeared in February, 2016, to make a quick dozen posts here, all pro-CFK, only to disappear after his last CFK ad (liars"/ "liar" /"trolls") in October, 2016? (But he left "lmao," so that's good. :thumbsup:)

"Dr Bulldog," who showed up to defend CFK in March, 2015, mostly in rational prose (There was the "witch hunt" accusation, although no one else mentioned a witch.) but admittedly turned out to be "Jason G. Baker," a principal in CFK ("owns the knife company"), claiming not to be the "Jason Black" who posts as "President" of CFK. Long gone.

Years go by. Presidents come and go, but CFK still sells knives of mystery steel, made somewhere by someone (an ever-changing cast and locations have been claimed in their ads and website over the years.) , somehow, someway, now joined by vendors of knives from Pakinstam claiming U.S., Australian, and Canadian origins for their products - so a blooming business model.

In logic the burden of proof lies on he who has the affirmative of the issue.

No sense waiting for candid disclosure. CFK, like Quartermaster, is making money on the Secret Squirrel Plan.

But at least we know the "U.S.A." - meaning, legally, made in U.S.A. - is admittedly false.

Last edited:
IIRC this was from CFK . I broke it , but only by gross abuse . Made a spear out of it and beat the crap out it , sideways against a solid tree trunk .

That was the most stringent test , it passed lesser tests just fine . For a knife like this , in damascus , it proved fairly tough .

Returned for a full refund ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Others on this forum have quite a different view of CFK aka CFK USA, CFK Cutlery, CFK Knives. BTW Jason Black also has gone by the name of Jason G. Baker. This blade forum thread starting at post 379 and continuing for several pages discusses CFK and who they are. Also more discussions on CFK here and here and here.
I purchased a CFK “3V” knife and I sent it to CPM and they tested it. They stated it is not 3V or any powdered metal but is cheap AUS8. I have the report. I contacted Emily at CFK and she said their vender said it was 3V and if it is not they will stop selling them. I do not believe that and have filed an official complaint with eBay and sent them the report. Let’s see what happens, probably nothing.

I purchased a CFK “3V” knife and I sent it to CPM and they tested it. They stated it is not 3V or any powdered metal but is cheap AUS8. I have the report. I contacted Emily at CFK and she said their vender said it was 3V and if it is not they will stop selling them. I do not believe that and have filed an official complaint with eBay and sent them the report. Let’s see what happens, probably nothing.

Very interesting, thanks for posting up your findings.

Hardly a surprise given the conflicting stories on all aspects of this business. When we buy a knife, we rely on the honesty of the seller's description of the materials and heat treatment - none of which can be seen with the human eye in a picture.

Ask Emily what distributor she bought it from or give me her phone number/email and I'll be happy to ask her. I filed several complaints with Ebay about suspected counterfeit CPM blades. It seems they have taken most of them off their site.

Last edited:
Others on this forum have quite a different view of CFK aka CFK USA, CFK Cutlery, CFK Knives. BTW Jason Black also has gone by the name of Jason G. Baker. This blade forum thread starting at post 379 and continuing for several pages discusses CFK and who they are. Also more discussions on CFK here and here and here.
Not one of your links worked I tried to view them all... But I too have bought a couple of cfk knives and if they were heat treated at all it wasn't done very well or above like a 40hrc lol you can literally peel chunks of steel off with a file they're so soft and a few reviews on YouTube will show many failures and similarly soft blades so I do agree with you they're not any kind of quality unless I just got the two bad ones he had and then all the YouTube reviewers also must have had a run of bad luck and gotten a lemon 😉🤷‍♂️ who knows....

This has gone on so long that there have been software changes. But you caught the drift - starting with use of "custom" to describe these mass-produced Asian knives. And they are surely "knives" --- for a given value of "knife."

Last edited:
Not one of your links worked I tried to view them all... But I too have bought a couple of cfk knives and if they were heat treated at all it wasn't done very well or above like a 40hrc lol you can literally peel chunks of steel off with a file they're so soft and a few reviews on YouTube will show many failures and similarly soft blades so I do agree with you they're not any kind of quality unless I just got the two bad ones he had and then all the YouTube reviewers also must have had a run of bad luck and gotten a lemon 😉🤷‍♂️ who knows....

Six years ago and a few forum software updates , my links no longer work in the post you quoted, which is to be expected . But yeppers CFK is a total sham company.

Yes I would use the term "knife" very loosely when describing their "custom blades" because that would imply it may be a usable tool when they certainly are not lol and yeah custom my foot! If their idea of custom is ordering truckload of paki unhardened blades and just simply throwing a handle on then sure I'll play along but then damn atleast harden the steel or the edge even so that it will take an edge and be a functional tool lol those cfk and I-PAK (as in I-Pakistan I presume) products are all a complete hoax and waste of money... Buy a mora robust for $15 and you'll be alot happier and have spent less

Came across this thread and found the hate posted by a few here quite bizarre, so thought I'd offer my opinion. I've probably purchased somewhere close to 100 knives from CFK/iPak, and have yet to be disappointed. They are well built knives, which you can tell the moment you hold one. Anyone who questions whether these knives come from Pakistan, has clearly A) never purchased a PK knife (total garbage) from there, or B) has never purchased a CFK/iPak product. The knives marketed online from Pakistan and CFK/iPak Knives are not even in the same universe.

Someone mentioned a picture of a CFK blade on a bench in PK. A couple more thoughts... A) who knows if that's even true or where the picture was really taken, and B) that still proves nothing. If I wanted to produce a cheap knock-off of a CFK blade, guess where I would send it? This would only be considered proof of something nefarious by the low-IQ.

Absent any proof, I take the company at its word... steel sourced from all over, knives manufactured in the U.K., then finished and shipped from here in the U.S. For anyone questioning on whether or not to buy one... just buy one. Hold one in your hand and see for yourself. They look good, have a good weight and feel to them/feel solid, come with a quality sheath, and they get the job done. Reasonably priced, and they have a 30-day return policy, so you've really got nothing to lose.

Came across this thread and found the hate posted by a few here quite bizarre, so thought I'd offer my opinion. I've probably purchased somewhere close to 100 knives from CFK/iPak, and have yet to be disappointed. They are well built knives, which you can tell the moment you hold one. Anyone who questions whether these knives come from Pakistan, has clearly A) never purchased a PK knife (total garbage) from there, or B) has never purchased a CFK/iPak product. The knives marketed online from Pakistan and CFK/iPak Knives are not even in the same universe.

Someone mentioned a picture of a CFK blade on a bench in PK. A couple more thoughts... A) who knows if that's even true or where the picture was really taken, and B) that still proves nothing. If I wanted to produce a cheap knock-off of a CFK blade, guess where I would send it? This would only be considered proof of something nefarious by the low-IQ.

Absent any proof, I take the company at its word... steel sourced from all over, knives manufactured in the U.K., then finished and shipped from here in the U.S. For anyone questioning on whether or not to buy one... just buy one. Hold one in your hand and see for yourself. They look good, have a good weight and feel to them/feel solid, come with a quality sheath, and they get the job done. They have a 30-day return policy, so you've really got nothing to lose.
You've missed April 1 by a long shot.

Back