Champion Stipe Miocic

I didn't see the fight but it sounded like he put on a clinic.

Props to Ngannou who only been fighting for 5 years.

Funny how being a family man and a firefighter hero of your city and nation is somehow unmarketable. Seems like there’s a problem with our culture not Stipe. Stipe represents everything a man should strive to be. The times we currently live in is a degradation of everything honorable. That’s why he isn’t “marketable”.

If you live in Cleveland and your house is on fire, the Baddest Man on the Planet shows up personally with a hose. The truth is stranger than fiction.

Stipe "NOTHING'S GONNA CHANGE" Miocic

stipe_miocic_5.jpg

Last edited:
Hard not to like Stipe or Cormier. They both have great back stories and seem like good men.

Stipe is probably the most well rounded heavyweight ever. It will be interesting to see how Cormier can do against a much bigger man. I was shocked when he threw Josh Barnett around when he won the StrikeForce Heavyweight championship because even though Barnett is not the overall best guy out there, very few people have ever out grappled him.

I just heard that they pulled Max Holloway from the co-main event 145 pound championship against Brian Ortega. Yet another bad weight cut apparently.

So disappointed to have that Holloway/Ortega match cancelled. That was THE fight on this card.

As far as Stipe being "unmarketable"...to me, that's just a matter of Dana not being fond of him. Did you see Stipe refuse to let Dana put the belt on him? Omg.

Also noticed on the Embedded episodes, Cormier and his camp seem kind of oddly resigned to taking a whoopin'. Usually there's some kind of tough talk. Not so here. His wrestling is top notch for sure, but I don't see him lasting past the 2nd round with Stipe.

So disappointed to have that Holloway/Ortega match cancelled. That was THE fight on this card.

As far as Stipe being "unmarketable"...to me, that's just a matter of Dana not being fond of him. Did you see Stipe refuse to let Dana put the belt on him? Omg.

Also noticed on the Embedded episodes, Cormier and his camp seem kind of oddly resigned to taking a whoopin'. Usually there's some kind of tough talk. Not so here. His wrestling is top notch for sure, but I don't see him lasting past the 2nd round with Stipe.

I don't think it will be that quick but I agree that Stipe is a heavy favorite. A full size in his prime heavyweight against a 39 year old 205 pounder. I kind of feel bad for Cormier, may be about the second best fighter ever in the UFC but the best was in the same weight class.

Reactions: mb>
For an understanding of the future, look to the past ...Croatian Rock
Velebit_1-940x580.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to be a spoiler,but Cormier is gonna take him out,Stipe is good but Cormier is a pressure cooker he never stops coming

And tomorrow whatever happens (it's a sport) respect for every fighter in the cage:thumbsup:
Stipe has already entered history, Some sources consider him to be the greatest UFC heavyweight of all time :thumbsup:

Count the Punch o_O;)

Respect to DC. I would still take Stipe in a bet. ;). Btw, ALWAYS take a bet with me. I’m a terrible better.

That Lesnar crap afterword...ridiculous. The new owners are destroying a lot of credibility with these stupid stunts. The sooner they get back to treating it like an actual sport with actual contenders who EARN their shots...the better.

Lesnar already had his shot and decided he didn’t like getting punched in the face by Overeem. Enough with the WWE circus antics already.

I didn't spend the $$ to see it. Congratulations to Cormier. Stipe will be back.

They do have to do something about eye pokes. John Jones has admitted he does it because it helps him win. Eye pokes and fence grabbing are the two fouls that give you a huge advantage but never any points taken away. Groin strikes are bad too, but the time allowed to recover seems adequate (easy for me to say), so I'd put that number 3.

Respect to DC. I would still take Stipe in a bet. ;). Btw, ALWAYS take a bet with me. I’m a terrible better.

That Lesnar crap afterword...ridiculous. The new owners are destroying a lot of credibility with these stupid stunts. The sooner they get back to treating it like an actual sport with actual contenders who EARN their shots...the better.

Lesnar already had his shot and decided he didn’t like getting punched in the face by Overeem. Enough with the WWE circus antics already.
I agree. IMO, Brock Lesnar isn't even entertaining to watch fighting in the Octagon.

Jim

Back