Change 3v scandivex to scandi

i have a bark river ultralite bushcrafter i really like but would rather have a scandi like on a mora vs the scandivex it has,its just easier for me to field sharpen.
Would it be to much work?
Would it be worth it?
I thought about acid etching and stonewashing it as well.

Last edited:
It would take a bit of work, starting with a coarse hone (DMT 220 grit) but it could be done. Why not ask Bark River if they would regrind it for you? There are also a bunch of professionals here on BF who regrind knives -- that probably would be your best bet.

Gobbless and good luck. Would be much easier time and work wise to change to full convex. Make sure to post pictures of the results if you do it.

Well I dont think bark river will do a scandi,they scandivex there blades and i dont want a convex,i want a scandi.I my reach out to a few pros on here and see about getting it done.

I have a true Scandi by Brazilian cutliero Ivan Campos in humble 1070, with a an elegant ivory-ebony handle put on by Kris Klammer of Alberta. It is the sharpest knife I own, beyond scary sharp, so I hear you. Let us know how the regrind goes.

I have a couple of Roselli Scandi and they have some convex, came that way. No need to be more Scandi than Scandi, if its close its good enough and anything more will just reduce the lifetime of the tool without improving performance.

Back