Changes to the Australian Tax System and Survive Knives

From July 1st 2018 our idiot Government has decided to charge a goods and services tax on items purchased overseas valued UNDER $1000. I was wondering if Survive Knives LLC is aware of this change and whether it will impact 2015 pre orders and starter order customers from our country. Here is a direct link to the legislated change for survives reference if they want it.

https://www.ato.gov.au/General/New-...ct-taxes/GST/GST-on-low-value-imported-goods/

Sorry about the trouble, I didn't vote for them. I suspect any failure to collect the tax, if applicable, would result in goods being held at customs.

Last edited:
It is something I've known about for a few months now. I've looked into it a bit, but I've yet to see how the tax is being collected. Many countries have extra duties and fees that they charge the recipient in order for the package to be delivered. Other places cost us a bit more to ship to. I'm planning to just keep shipping as usual so there shouldn't be any change on our end. If it costs us more, that's just part of doing business internationally. We definitely believe in, and will stand by, our $10 flat rate shipping for you folks.

Thank you for the quick reply and standing by your original fee. Again I am sorry this stupid tax is being applied.

It is targeting larger companies/business models....

"Using a vendor collection model, the law will require overseas suppliers and online marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay with an Australian GST turnover of $75,000 or more to account for GST on sales of low value goods to consumers in Australia" ...so the company will need to be doing $750K worth of business (to attain a $75K GST threshold) to be effected by the law. Only the company can determine is their sales to Aus equate to $750K A per annum.

Last edited:
Back