Chaparral Preview/Review

If only the pocket clip weren't black. I guess that would be easy enough to fix though.

-Tye

Thanks again for your comparison shots, since I'm heading over to Germany for amost 4 weeks
and it seems they are a bit tight on carry options, I ordered the Urban to have on hand with me
had one a while back, but ended up needing the funds and sold her off, I knew I'd wind up getting
another one sooner or later though;

Looks comparable from your photo, blade thickness just a little thicker? I can't recall it that well from memory ;)

chaparral_94a.jpg

G2

Thanks again for your comparison shots, since I'm heading over to Germany for amost 4 weeks
and it seems they are a bit tight on carry options, I ordered the Urban to have on hand with me
had one a while back, but ended up needing the funds and sold her off, I knew I'd wind up getting
another one sooner or later though;

Looks comparable from your photo, blade thickness just a little thicker? I can't recall it that well from memory ;)

G2
Hi Gary,

The Urban blade is 1mm thicker and 1/4" shorter, Spyderhole is 1mm smaller, handle is 1/8" shorter. Feel in the hand is about the same.

Thanks, the urban arrived today, the Chaparral easily out cuts it,
working on the edge now, so it should be better soon,
G2

Sal posted the following on the Britishblades forum yesterday about the future Chaparral's:

The next one is machined Titanium.

sal

Terratuf experiments didn't work out as we hoped. The material has flaws that our customers didn't want to deal with. We are considering mammoth tooth......with bolsters.

sal

Back