Charlie Campagna

Thanks for spreading the news Dave, and for the ongoing support from every one of you!!!!
I have indeed made it home, where I had a comfy nap and a wonderful dinner with Joanne,
and I managed to clear dishes without breaking any!! I so look forward to getting back into household routines, and taking my share of the work, and also to doing my share of the posting and chatting on BF!!
Once again, all the kind wishes from all of the Porch members have buoyed me along to get me home. My work is cut out for me both at home and on the Porch!! I take it joyfuly!
God love you all!!!View attachment 1140308
Ceremonial removal of the hospital name tag! Great rehab department at Holy Family!!View attachment 1140309 View attachment 1140310
Nice book and 1890s Empire knife from Ron's friend and history-lover Ron E.!!
Charlie we’re so glad you’re at home. I told Ron E. about your issues and he told me he was going to send you something to help cheer you up. I’ll have to give him a call and let him know the great news. Continued best wishes for a speedy recovery my friend!

Come On guys...give the man some space!
Stop fussing you Blokes.Shooo.
Welcome home to the Porch Charlie... now is there anything you need?
Are you comfy..? Warm enough ? (produces a large woollen blanket and wraps Charlie up essentially mummifying him)
Sit here in the comfy chair old mate oops! i mean elderly old mate! (produces large plush leather recliner lounge chair and ferociously tends to dusting it with a cloth creating clouds of dust ).
There y go...now lets check your temperature..( shoves thermometer in Charlies mouth before he is able to utter a protest..
There we go (adopting an incredibly annoyingly patronising Matron tone)
...now lets have that hospital bracelet cleaned and burned...you wont be needing that old thing any more will you. Oh i do apologise I meant elderly old thing..tut tut silly me.
Charlie now mummified in blanket with thermometer protruding from mouth lies back in leather lounge . His eyes momentarily roll skyward then his gaze fixes on a rusty long handled shovel leaning against the porch rail.
Lets get you more comfy shall we pipes the irritating matron meako voice.( adjusts lever on side of recliner causing Charlie to be bent in half) oopsy daisy thats no good is it. ((adjusts a second lever flinging the chair into a backward incline )
Muffled growls are heard and Charlie spits the thermometer out. He gestures weakly to the other Porcheteers who are watching intently...tongues lolling like an eager pack of Foxhounds ready for the toot of the masters horn....
The shovel...hand me the shovel...
Of course Charlie anything you say...
His grip gathers strength from the feel of the solid digging tools Hickory wood handle.
The pack reverently lift him still mummified to a standing position as "nurse" meako reappears bearing a tray with a glass of foul tasting and completely ineffective herbal potion he has concocted ....Medicaaation tiiime whats all this?
A ripping sound is heard as the blanket is rent into shreds as Charlie bursts forth Hulk style..
Now Charlie you must not overdo it ...I insist you sit down immedi KRRAAAANGG.

Thanks for spreading the news Dave, and for the ongoing support from every one of you!!!!
I have indeed made it home, where I had a comfy nap and a wonderful dinner with Joanne,
and I managed to clear dishes without breaking any!! I so look forward to getting back into household routines, and taking my share of the work, and also to doing my share of the posting and chatting on BF!!
Once again, all the kind wishes from all of the Porch members have buoyed me along to get me home. My work is cut out for me both at home and on the Porch!! I take it joyfuly!
God love you all!!!View attachment 1140308
Ceremonial removal of the hospital name tag! Great rehab department at Holy Family!!View attachment 1140309 View attachment 1140310
Nice book and 1890s Empire knife from Ron's friend and history-lover Ron E.!!
Fantastic to hear that you're out of the hospital and back in your own place, Charlie! :):thumbsup::cool:
Paul Simon has a song for the occasion:
"Gee, but it's great to be back home!
Home is where we want to be."

No doubt you're ecstatic to be out of the health facility, but you gotta admit they know their stuff! Look at that hospital name tag. They know you so well that it shows "SEX: M ACUT" They know you're a knife guy, a male who enjoys making a Cut! :rolleyes::D

Keep up the good work, sir, and wishing you continued progress toward full recovery!

- GT

They say laughter is the best medicine...this is the epilogue....and the bit I overdosed on...I was sitting at the headland writing that bit yesterday and laughing so much the group of surfies were looking over from their cars....i think they thought i was laughing at them but i was immersed in meakoworld...

A claw like hand emerged from Meakos now prone dust covered form. Gesturing shakily towards Charlies lounge chair. Help me ....Help me rasped a barely audible pained whisper.....some..body help me......the ..cushions ...need....fluffing....

I'm afraid I agree with meako meako , Charlie. Time to get back to work :D

Your chicken stew barlow is helping me get through my honey-do list this weekend. Such a great companion :thumbsup:
lcxLeqy.jpg

Back