• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Charlie Mike Anniversary

Thanks guys. At times, the pain of disappointing everyone here is the one thing that keeps me from relapse... Those times are few and far between but being able to show my "face" around here without shame is very important to me.

That is easily achieved Charlie if one conducts themselves in honor with all their personal matters. Shame is only for the shameful; not the honorable. But I feel I'm NOT telling you anything you don't already know. Knowing what to do is one thing, but what one actually does, is what defines us all, first and foremost to ourselves, and then to others.

The way I get around it all in life is to make certain that any form of action I take in any form of matter pertaining to myself I do so in such a way as to make certain it does NOT differ or contravene what I would have liked the other person to have done to me if they were in my shoes and I in theirs in that same matter. It makes for a clear conscious and a healthy level of self esteem.

But personally Charlie, I have no real problem with anyone herein, I just go about me day and notice things that happen. Then I either forget them or I don't, depending on what level of relevance I place on them myself.... but I always forgive anyone who does something to anyone else that I would NOT do myself in similar circumstances. That's the difference between a tainted and clean soul; when a trespass occurs, forgiveness reigns instead of spite and hatred. That's the way God wants good people to act, it's plastered throughout the entire Bible and all other forms of sacred text... nothing new or revolutionary in that really.

It's all good, don't worry yourself if you know you've done the right thing any matter. I've done wrong a times myself, and when I do, I try hard to make up for it best I can. We're all human, we all err at one time or another, nothing new there either. :D

LOL!!! :D

[video=youtube;gp5JCrSXkJY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp5JCrSXkJY[/video]

Yo CM, I don't really know you and vice versa, but congrats on your sobriety. I know how hard it is.

As an aside, I watched a few of your YouTube videos and I have to say that your mustache is on point.

Conquering addictive and socially corrosive habits is the hardest ongoing daily test that anyone can be confronted with .
Keep strong , keep healthy, keep happy .

Ken

Thanks guys. At times, the pain of disappointing everyone here is the one thing that keeps me from relapse... Those times are few and far between but being able to show my "face" around here without shame is very important to me.
Just know that you have a large group of people here to talk to if you ever needed it. Congrats on three years and remember one day at a time.

Congrats Charlie Mike!! The brilliant blades you've been turning out show you've put your energy in the right place.
I agree stay on the right track CM and keep making those nice blades. Congrats it's a tough road for sure, one day at a time. ;)

You are more of a Man than most of us here...keep up the great work .

I'm picking up that u were a vet, if so thanks for ur service. Over coming addiction is tough! Congratulations!

Congratulations on living the clean honest life, CM. :thumbup: You're an amazing role model for the addicts who think this fight isn't winnable.

Good man. The longer you go, the easier it gets.
Sincere congratulations.

Congrats man I know how hard that is and the dedication it takes. Along with being sober your an honest knife maker and that alone is hard to find.

A big :thumbup:...my uncle has been sober for 15+yrs now...Keep up the good fight!!

Back