• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Charlie Mike Anniversary

Congrats CM ! !
Much Respect [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlie Mike, Crystal Meth. CM. I don't know what it's like to be addicted to that stuff. I knew a few Jibtec warriors when I used to go to raves. I've tried it, but couldn't stand not being able to sleep. I know that Meth is destoying the midwest and west. Over here in Canada and the North East USA heroin has been making a crazy comeback. Now fetanyl is killing off enough people over here all across the country. I've lost a few friends to it.

I remember getting clean I was like, what did I ever see in it? It was like some gypsy spell. You know it's getting bad when you're using just to be healthy. You know it's even worse when that point passed 8 years ago.

Remember how much it sucks to live like that, it's been the secret for me.

Adderall... Surprised I never tried that. I went straight to crystal meth. Became a full blown addict shortly after getting out of the army. The VA would later say that I was self medicating for combat related PTSD (little did I know that I used that as a "golden ticket" to continue using). I went on like this for approx 10 years. In the end, a bad trip was all it took.

Yeah it's very addictive and easy to abuse! I could run calls all shift for 24 straight hrs then take 1 or 3 next morning and would feel like I fully rested and alert and focused. And they give it to children! Very concerning. No offense to anyone who takes or has children that does. I was just the type that couldn't handle it. We don't know one another but if u ever feel like relapsing please don't without sending me a message and u can talk to someone who can relate! Cheers bro

That's another thing... Relapse. I've only done it once. I believe that you must actually be in "recovery" in order to relapse.

There are times when I have sincerely wished that I could but it's something I just can't bring myself to do. I equate it with suicide. The idea of taking a vacation from my mind is very appealing but I know where it leads. When I'm stuck in feelings that I don't want to feel, I'm forced to do the work necessary to change that. Drugs/alcohol really "sound" good in theory but all it is are hollow promises and loss of everything I hold dear.

Times like that are what they refer to as trudging IIRC.

So do you have a problem with everything? As in you can't drink responsibly or it will lead to alcohol abuse, which leads to poor decision making, leading to drug abuse. Or have you sworn off alcohol and weed and such as a matter of course? Like I've only had a problem with one family of stuff so I can't do that family. On the other hand I have no problems having a few drinks because it hasn't lead to anything else, nor do I start abusing alcohol.

I'm just asking out of curiosity. I know programs like AA and NA advocate complete abstinence. On the other hand smoking weed helped me to get through my problems and I've talked to other professionals who support that kind of thing. What works for different people is different obviously.

Well, CM, you certainly have a lot of nice folks on YOUR side...I expect that feels good.
Happy for you.
Don

I only do nicotine and caffeine. Alcohol always leads to meth in time. Weed makes me feel at a disadvantage. That was the allure of meth. I felt on top of my game. Epitome of situational awareness. That's how I dealt with PTSD. By being alert, I felt safe. No sleep means no nightmares.

Today, I deal with it by being as armed as legally possible and rarely leaving the house. Fortunately, everything I need is within a one mile radius of my home.

Different things effect people differently. Meth sure made it fun to dance all night, but I felt sloppy and twitchy on it. Let me assure you that meth did not put you ontop of your game. I used to take MDMA and Meth at raves years ago but these days I can't stand the idea of uppers at all. I need a good night sleep to be ontop of my game for real. These days a bottle of coke is the most caffine I can even handle.

We all deal with the traumas we suffer in life differently. It is not unusual to form maladaptive habits for dealing with that type of thing. Ultimately these bad habits destroy us. The only way to live with it healthily is to have love and confidence in yourself. Religion helps me alot too, sometimes it means the most to us who have been to dark places. It helps us in a way people who haven't been there cannot understand.

Was watching this date come up...congrats CM!

Very happy for you! :thumbup:

Congratulations Charlie Mike!
I'm 10 months sober from alcohol today, Knives help keep your mind off of stupid stuff

Congratulations Charlie Mike!
I'm 10 months sober from alcohol today, Knives help keep your mind off of stupid stuff

10 months? 3 years? If you woke up before 9AM, you been sober longer than me. We only have today.

Congrats
One day at a time !

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Hey CM, congratulations from the wife and I. I remember not too terribly long ago when I got my first 24 hours of sobriety...I'm glad you found your way, there's an awful lot of us out there who don't.

CM, we haven't interacted much, but I always enjoy seeing your posts man. I'll tell you this, there's a lot of folks that send good thoughts and prayers your way. ALWAYS rooting for you :thumbup:

Congrats CM. I I do enjoy watching your you tube videos. I encourage you to keep working on those knives.

Back