1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Chavez Redencion vs Mini Horizon - D

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by TomR2, Nov 12, 2018.

1. TomR2

TomR2

May 17, 2015
    • Some of you may think I'm nuts. It took a while staring at online pictures to begin to think this way. Looking at the specs, blade length and thickness, overall length, weight, these two knives are very close in size. The blade and handle profiles are similar. The cosmetic differences are relatively superficial. As well, they're priced very close to one another. The Redencion to my eye, has a bit more "attitude" do to coloration, the CF or Micarta inlay, squared off edges and skull pocket clip. It is more of a "thing," having the provenance of Ramon's past work. The Mini Horizon appears in pictures, to be a bit more refined looking, if vanilla-ish. Its a beauty, but without the "attitude." Never having handled either, I'm curious. Anyone here own both? Or, experienced both and made a choice? If so which way did you go and why?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018