Checking in with a progress report & AZTimT ArtworX photos.

AZTimT

The Stripetition Finish Guy
Just wanted to say hi to all my fellow Hogs out there. I haven't been around/online much the past few months as the new sculpted stone business, new job for the wife, playing Mr Mom, driving part time for a smaller company and getting the ranch ready for winter have kept my free time limited. Despite all of that, I was slowly able to get some nice knife projects done this year and thought I would share some of them with you since we all like Busse & kin pics here! :)

In random order
These:
ThjuOYK.jpg

Transformed into these:
Huck Fin
ysImVhY.jpg

FKNNsMT.jpg

OmQJ6yJ.jpg

NMSFNO rehandled
NrEYgyP.jpg

xQbdJT5.jpg

UHmJuSv.jpg

TGLB
XoUdkho.jpg

Wp1Ye8i.jpg

FQJh029.jpg

ASH-2
RJlrDoU.jpg

hAPN7lJ.jpg

This Garth Edition Bronze MOAB & TGLB got a total makeover including tramp stamp deletion:
t4wUbSE.jpg

5E7jbkp.jpg

amBLCvX.jpg

AD5T9sx.jpg

ql4zrD9.jpg

2xA9hPz.jpg

qcWj1Fa.jpg

Some more...
Rehandle BOSS Jack proto & add liners to BOSS Street project.
0Mc7TSO.jpg

MhfLCYP.jpg

69Girrs.jpg

RMD SF project:
tnIGqVZ.jpg

BB13 CG from stripped/etched with decarb to full SF cleanup:
85VDZQV.jpg

5j5k2Dt.jpg

Bkyws0Y.jpg

SHe-2 & BAe-2
w9B015j.jpg

Jk51bBV.jpg

Old school Ratweiler
CiXKLQQ.jpg

HOG ASH-1
xVTyC9d.jpg

Battle Saw & Sarsquatch
AO9b4BP.jpg

GJMmhxd.jpg

BwxOZt6.jpg

rzURaic.jpg

Harpoon Tank Buster
5mpsGjl.jpg

nsO859w.jpg

Previously SF'ed FSH cleanup & handle swap (smooth tan to machined black)
ZJUI3VM.jpg

Vnr9R7q.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, very nice work, beautiful micarta and of course, gorgeous finishes on the blades, love the name stripetition, sounds as good as it looks.

Wow !!! Those look great !!!

I’ve really got to get off my *%!*#! and send you a couple blades to get done.

Great work and thanks for sharing

Wow !!! Those look great !!!

I’ve really got to get off my *%!*#! and send you a couple blades to get done.

Great work and thanks for sharing

He offers this kind of work as a service? We've traded blades but I never knew.

He offers this kind of work as a service? We've traded blades but I never knew.
Yes, it all started with people asking me if I could do to their blades what I was doing to mine. I kind of kept it quiet as I didn't realize there was a demand for it. Apparently there is enough demand to warrant being a service provider so I can offer help here. I've been working on my blades since 2010, but only started doing it for others after many requests a couple years back. It's still just a side hobby in my limited free time, but I do what I can as time allows. Several people asked me to post the photos I putting on my FB page here too, so here they are. :)

heck yeah there's a demand, who wants standard 1 color micarta when there's literally 100s of variants and multi-colored out there.

Yes, it all started with people asking me if I could do to their blades what I was doing to mine. I kind of kept it quiet as I didn't realize there was a demand for it. Apparently there is enough demand to warrant being a service provider so I can offer help here. I've been working on my blades since 2010, but only started doing it for others after many requests a couple years back. It's still just a side hobby in my limited free time, but I do what I can as time allows. Several people asked me to post the photos I putting on my FB page here too, so here they are. :)

The work looks great and professionally done, good to know.

damn that tank buster looks awesome, and omg a sarsquatch! what happens to the old scales ? Those tequilas would look nice on my sfno :D
Those two have factory Busse Tigerhide Canvas & Black linen from back around 2008/9 time frame. If you see machined handles on it, they are from Busse, I only do hand shaped smooth handles when I make customs as I do not wish to trespass on any of Jerry's work or intellectual property. This allows future buyers to at least know that the current smooth handles have been sanded that way by somebody else if not done factory. That is also why I etch the logo when possible so it is easy to tell that knife started out with a coating and may not be misrepresented to future buyers. These pics also help with that for future buyer's research/reference.

The old handles go back to the owner in case they ever want to put them back on, just like Busse does, unless another arrangement is made.

Snazzy work! Very nice! Myself, I wouldn't hesitate to mod or have modded' my blades, anyone can have "off the rack" :D :D

Awesome work! Seeing your efforts convinces me that I need to start etching and stripping.

It took like twenty minutes to get through those pics, that’s how nice those blades are!

Back