• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Chef SOLD

G L Drew

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Things I have learned since I started making kitchen knives over 30 years ago:
Create a chef knife that is deep enough to keep finger off the cutting board
Round the top of the spine because a lot of folks like to choke up on the blade with their thumb and index finger over the spine
Sculpt a flat for the third and fourth fingers which helps with control while slicing
Form a belly on the cutting edge for rocking the blade over food
Sharpen to an apple seed shape edge which is easily maintained by swiping a couple of strokes over a steel. ( if you sharpen with a jig, a precise angel on the edge will have to be established)

Made with 1095 high carbon steel. I use this steel on a lot in my kitchen knives because it holds a good edge, it is easy to maintain a razor edge and I feel it slicers better than a lot of other steels
Flat to a slight convex grind
Stabilized and dyed curly maple handle which is dishwater safe but NEVER IN THE DISHWASHER
Overall length: 11 1/4 inches
Blade: 6 1/2 inches

SOLD delivered within the US. My PayPal and email address is gldrewknives@gmail.com

IMG_8589 by Gerald Drew, on FlickrIMG_8588 by Gerald Drew, on FlickrIMG_8591 by Gerald Drew, on FlickrIMG_8590 by Gerald Drew, on FlickrIMG_8592 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back