Chesapeake Show.

Hello all- I just saw this show mentioned on the LDC site. How is it? I'm thinking of going down from NYC. Is it auto friendly?
Thank you, Donald

Oh, it's the show in the Holiday Inn in Timonium, MD. on 12/10/00

Donald,

The Chesapeake Knife Show is an excellent show. It is VERY fast paced because it is a one day show. The dealing is brisk. Sometimes you can't even catch your breath because you have 15 people in front of your table and they are all asking questions at once.

I was surprised the first time Phillip and I had a table there. I stepped over to another makers table and he had not even set up yet there was a line of people waiting for him to show up. When he arrived he started to throw(literally) knives onto the table. The line of people dove in like a pack of wolves and snatched up everything he had. It only took a few minutes for him to sell out. All this happened before the general public was allowed into the show.

Great makers. Great knives. Great show.
Not sure about the automatics.

------------------
Barry
Jones Knives
"NEW Knives"
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=126319&a=5922856
"For DUTY and HUMANITY!"
Curly, Moe, & Larry

Hi Donald,

Last year there was a post saying that there would not be any autos so I didn't go.

Later I found out from Chefget that there where autos but you had to ask.

I will be there this year.

CHESAPEAKE KNIFE SHOW

SUNDAY 10-6

HOLIDAY INN - TIMONIUM PLAZA

2004 Greenspring Dr.

Timonium, MD
------------------
RICK - Left Handers Unite

[This message has been edited by RGRAY (edited 11-18-2000).]

We really ought to congregate at the show someplace and introduce ourselves. I know Barry and his brother on sight, but I'd hate to suggest that we all gather at their table. If anyone's got an idea, post it or drop me a line.
-Jim
(I might have to make a sign and hold it up as I wander around.)

Back