choose one: balisong or automatic out the front

I would say bali just for the flipping skill factor involved. Maybe I will learn to flip mine some day. 42 is the only one I have.

OTF is the ultimate utility for me. Best one hand opening and closing without a doubt. Slim and easy to carry/use. OTF for the win!

they are knives that shouldn't even be put in the same category IMO. They just are, because ignorant people have decided that they should both be illegal.
Even with a carry permit it’s a bit confusing. I can carry a loaded pistol, a side opening auto, a S/E OTF, but no daggers of any kind and no Bali...those are dangerous. :rolleyes:
Lawmakers are weird lol

Last edited:
OTF for me, although I do wish there was a more stealthy way to open them like you can with side-opening autos. There are times when I need to use a knife without being so emphatic.

I'd go with a balisong. It's legal here to carry. An OTF is illegal and asking for problems. A butterfly knife is just more fun too. There are endless ways to manipulate one. If you're into that sort of thing.

rS7V5dZ.jpg

I have 0 use for a butterfly knife.
Beautiful spread sir. I dig it. :thumbsup:

OTF for utility and reliability*, balisong for fun**.

* I've never had an OTF fail in any meaningful way in actual use but I've had bali screws work loose even when I've put thread locker in them.
** For fun purposes there's no need to spend hundreds on a nice bali either; any number of inexpensive trainers of high quality are available. If the noise bothers your wife the Squid plastic ones are a decently quiet alternative (though still no help when I miss an around the thumb spin and send it hurtling to the wood floors in our house).

got em both....both are just as useless. the knife world's version of a fidget spinner. fun to fidget with but useless to do any real work. they have a "cool factor" and that's about it. mine all sit in cigar boxes

Even with a carry permit it’s a bit confusing. I can carry a loaded pistol, a side opening auto, a S/E OTF, but no daggers of any kind and no Bali...those are dangerous. :rolleyes:
Lawmakers are weird lol

That’s why you have to give zero f’s

as for me. I vote otf. Only because of the ease of opening/closing one handed

Back