Chosera 600 thoughts

Hey fellas I’m just wondering what’s you all thought about the 600 grit Chosera .... I Just ordered it and t be honest I’m having reservations on sending it back as soon as it gets here. I bought without doing any research.. any thoughts good or bad would be greatly appreciated .... cheers all!!!

That's my favorite Chosera! I like the feedback and aggressiveness. You can take metal off and produce a sharp edge if you are good!

That's my favorite Chosera! I like the feedback and aggressiveness. You can take metal off and produce a sharp edge if you are good!
Does it load up real easy tho?.. I read it’s the softest stone in the Chosera/ professional line and it produces a a crazy amount of mud

I’ve just bought the 800 and I’m soooo pleased with it. Splash and go and hogs off metal at an unbelievable rate for the grit.

I’ve never used the 600, but from my research the 800 is a superior stone with similar cutting speed

Last edited:
If you sharpen over sink or something that can catch extra water just grab a handful of water and rinse it off.
If you end up sending it back look at the Sigma Power Select 2 stones they have a really good name and I know in Canada Lee Valley Tools has them and you may want to look for them.
I have the Sigma Power 2's in the the 6 10 and 13K grit's and I really like them and they perform great.

Does it load up real easy tho?.. I read it’s the softest stone in the Chosera/ professional line and it produces a a crazy amount of mud

If you sharpen over sink or something that can catch extra water just grab a handful of water and rinse it off.
If you end up sending it back look at the Sigma Power Select 2 stones they have a really good name and I know in Canada Lee Valley Tools has them and you may want to look for them.
I have the Sigma Power 2's in the the 6 10 and 13K grit's and I really like them and they perform great.

Cool thanks man I’m gonna look into those

I’ve just bought the 800 and I’m soooo pleased with it. Splash and go and hogs off metal at an unbelievable rate for the grit.

I’ve never used the 600, but from my research the 800 is a superior stone with similar cutting speed

I was thinking on going with the 800 1st but thought that might not be coarse enough .. and thought 400 be to much

I have all the Chosera stones from 400 grit to 1K and the 600 is an excellent stone but it is the one i use the least.

It may be silly but I don’t use it much is because of the dark color and on light color stones I can see the angle better.
It cuts well and feels great but given the choice I usually grab the 400 or 800 depending on situation.

Back