Chris Linton of Osprey Knife and Tool has Graduated

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
I am very proud to announce that Chris has decided to graduate from the Fiddleback Forge Apprentice Program. Once one of my apprentices can consistently make knives as good as mine or better I tell them that when they are ready they can make a graduation knife. When they present me with this knife I announce that they have graduated my program. Chris has been with me for over a year, and his skills have grown immensely during this time. His blade finishes, handle shapes, and his designs have all become top notch. I'm very very proud to say that the knife Chris submitted to me this morning is as good, and maybe even better than I could have done it. He is a gifted craftsman.

Before I show the knife I will post a pic of a knife from before he came aboard.

IMG_5291-vi.jpg

Now to the show. Chris presented me with a fighting knife with a hand rubbed 3/16" thick CPM 154 blade that is 6" long and has a tapered tang and a sweet swedge. The handle, which is stunning, is curly Koa and black canvas. Chris put a texture on the flats of this one that is out of this world.

IMG_5278-vi.jpg

IMG_5283-vi.jpg

IMG_5284-vi.jpg

IMG_5288-vi.jpg

I'm very proud of Chris. He is going to continue to be our shop foreman, and to make his own very high quality line of knives.

Its been an honor my friend. Good work.

Wow, that's a looker for sure! I'm patiently waiting for my first OKT knife.

Congratulations! :thumbup:

Congratulations! That's an awesome fighter, would love to start seeing that model get pumped out!

Congratulations Chris......you hit this one clear out of the park deep into center field !!!

It's been a blast following your work and better yet, getting to know you as a friend during my visits to the shop.

As always, thank you for your service and for being a dedicated member of the Fiddleback Crew !

Peter

Beautiful knife Chris. Your fit and finish work is top notch. Your design work is what really impresses me the most though. You have developed your own style and I really like what I see. I look forward to buying another knife from you at the Blade Show.

Congratulations on graduating up to the next level!

Phil

Decided to Add some personal Photos and Information

I named this Model (Ferox);

ferōx m, f, n ‎(genitive ferōcis); third declension

wild, bold, gallant
warlike
defiant, arrogant

Brian Griffin help me come up with this name.
I designed this Knife to be a close quarters fighting knife capable of devastating cuts and punctures. She is a straight Carnivore!
Steel thickness is 3/16th but since it is CPM-154 with a mill finish is measures out at .220" weighing only 8.64 ounces 6'' Blade 11 1/8" OAL . I hand rubbed the Blade to a 800 grit finish. The handle is tapered to assure the balance is proper for a Bowie or Fighter which sits at or a hair forward of the guard. The handle is the finest Stabilized Koa I could get my hands on. I felt like the Figure in this wood tied in the texturing on the blade giving the knife and overall flow.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Thank you Andy for opening up your doors to me and showing me this Craft this has been a Dream come true and I have made several friends through Fiddleback Forge.
I should Have my own Hosted Knifemakers Forum up soon. I hope to become more active on Blade forums through that forum.

Thank You everyone on here for your support over the past year I couldn't be doing what I am doing without you guys. I will pop in here again tonight more work to be done on other knives. Lol

Last edited:
Congrats Chris and great execution on that knife! are we to see it being put to work out in the parking lot in an upcoming thread :)?

Wonderful to see this kind of apprenticeship relationship continuing. Great looking knife too.

Sweet! Well done mate, excellent work. I love my Apache Hunter and will be looking to get an edc size to partner it.

Back