Chris Linton of Osprey Knife and Tool has Graduated

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Fiddleback, Mar 21, 2016.

1. pcguy23

pcguy23 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Congratulations and continue the outstanding work,
    Im new to the Fiddelback Forum but already own a Bushfinger and one of your Warthogs and just got a production Runt.

2. necrolicious

necrolicious

Nov 14, 2014
    Congratulations! Sweet display of craftsmanship and attention to detail. You knocked it out of the park!

3. VanDammet

VanDammet

Jun 30, 2015
    Congrats Chris!!

You deserve it brother, & I can't wait for your new sub-forum, that's so cool. I do have to say something, I don't know, somewhat negative. While your Graduation Knife is stunning, I happen to own two knives that are better, IMO anyhow. I'm not sure who the maker of these two knives is, but I think even you will agree that he has you bested....check these out, & maybe you can apply some of his techniques to your knives:
    Apache Hunter - 3.jpg Apache Hunter - 5.jpg Recon - 8.jpg Recon - 9.jpg Recon - 3.jpg

4. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Congratulations Christopher! That knife is gorgeous! I am glad you liked the name Ferox, it just seemed to suit it.

5. .357gus

.357gus Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    :thumbup: Congrats on your graduation Chris! That's an Awesome knife my friend! :thumbup::eek:

6. bonafide

bonafide Leather Sheathmaker, JouFuu Leathers Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2013
    Freaking awesome knife Chris! Congrats on your accomplishment. Looking forward to seeing you progress as a maker!

7. Ifinditfunny

Ifinditfunny

Jul 24, 2015
    Congrats Chris!!

8. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman RansomWildernessCo Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 13, 2013
    That fighter is stunning. Congratulations. I've been admiring your work for a while. You have some great looking designs, and I am glad to get to check one of those out myself in the coming weeks.

9. Luca917

Luca917

Jan 10, 2016
    Magnificent!

10. Tekton

Tekton

Mar 8, 2015
    Congrats Chris. That knife looks awesome.

11. hasco

hasco Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Congratulations Chris!! That is an amazing knife!

12. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    It was truly an honor Chris.

Ummmm. That knife is going in my Georgia makers collection and won't be getting beat up my friend.

One of my proudest moments is when I see a maker I've tought surpass my skills. Chris isn't the first, but he is one of the best.

Welcome aboard!

Always a wisenhammer. LOL. That kevlar knife was something special too.

13. Bill510c

Bill510c Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Congratulations Chris, you are definitely worthy of the honor. I was lucky enough to see and handle the graduation knife when we stopped at the shop on the way to Track Rock. The knife is truly amazing. The photos really do not do it justice..

14. KnivesShipFree

KnivesShipFree

Aug 18, 2015
    Congrats Chris! Excellent design and execution. I love that you pointed out that the grains of the curly koa and the texture on the blade were an intentional design point. Well done!

15. fatboyclone

fatboyclone Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 15, 2003
    congrats! what an awesome display of craftsmanship

16. Jhaskins1970

Jhaskins1970

Dec 18, 2014
    Congrats Chris, have always loved your work. Have 3 and have missed several...look forward to a hamon, TT, Apache someday!
    Joe

17. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    I can't stop staring at this knife.

18. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    I have the original prototype on hand checking it out and the more I handle it the more I see the thoughts Chris had in mind when he designed it and the more impressed I am. But damn that one is just gorgeous. I love the way the grain of the handle and the texture on the flats complement each other.

19. Uncle_P

Uncle_P

Jul 11, 2014
    Chris - Congrats my man. That knife is a beauty. Those flats are freaking awesome. Well done.

Preston

20. Hulk2e

Hulk2e

Dec 18, 2014
    Congrats! The knife you presented to Andy is awesome. I always enjoy seeing what you have every week. Working with Kevlar handles was a cool idea. Can't wait to see the future projects.