Chris Linton of Osprey Knife and Tool has Graduated

I can't stop staring at this knife.

Lol, Me Too! But I keep having to resist the urge to pick it apart and analyze what I want to do better next time. Please take it home before it drives me mad

Congrats Chris, have always loved your work. Have 3 and have missed several...look forward to a hamon, TT, Apache someday!
Joe

Thank you! Still working on trying to consistently achieve the Hamon I want, Its a hit and miss right now but I will get it done eventually

Congrats Chris! Excellent design and execution. I love that you pointed out that the grains of the curly koa and the texture on the blade were an intentional design point. Well done!

Thank you! I like tying my blades together like that I know I did it right when it comes together and I cant imagine it being any other way.

Congratulations Chris, you are definitely worthy of the honor. I was lucky enough to see and handle the graduation knife when we stopped at the shop on the way to Track Rock. The knife is truly amazing. The photos really do not do it justice..

Thank you Bill, It was good to see you again. I hope you enjoyed your weekend down here, sorry I could not join you guys.

Freaking awesome knife Chris! Congrats on your accomplishment. Looking forward to seeing you progress as a maker!

Thank you Bud! Definitely plan on progressing farther.

Sweet! Well done mate, excellent work. I love my Apache Hunter and will be looking to get an edc size to partner it.

It was a pleasure to meet you again today and put a face to the screen name. I know we had meet the year prior but never connected the two, Next time to make it around to the shop I w will have to see about getting and EDC for you.

I wish I had the time to respond to all of you individually with a personal response. I appreciate all of compliments and Congrats on the Graduation. I look forward to making and sharing my creations with all of you and with out your support it would just be a part time hobby, so thank you all for helping to encourage and facilitate me reach my potential as a knife maker. Look for my Hosted Knife Makers Forum to appear in the next couple of weeks.

Hey Chris! I saw this thread pop up a couple days ago and I've not had a chance to come back to it yet! Congrats!!! I knew you told me you were working on your graduation knife, and wow did you deliver. It's been fun watching you become the craftsman you are today. I know you're going to knock my 6" model out of the park when the inspiration is right. Congrats again!!

Congrats. It will keell. (Sorry could not help myself). Best of all success and satisfaction to you ahead. I really like that Andy has the apprenticeship program to help new makers.

Chris, Congrats brother. Your knives are outstanding your craftsmanship is impeccable. Since I don't currently have the UK Wildcats knife in my possession feel free to show it off 😊. Your graduation knife is the bees knee. The lines are outta this world and I love the transition from smooth to the curvature in the handle. I can say I for 1 will be a long time customer, supporter and friend. You got this........

Sweet!! Absolutely beautiful , well done Chris !!! 👍🏻

Chris, Congrats brother. Your knives are outstanding your craftsmanship is impeccable. Since I don't currently have the UK Wildcats knife in my possession feel free to show it off 😊. Your graduation knife is the bees knee. The lines are outta this world and I love the transition from smooth to the curvature in the handle. I can say I for 1 will be a long time customer, supporter and friend. You got this........

Thank you! I plan on posting up some pictures of that one here real soon. I appreciate the continued support and encouragement.

Hey Chris! I saw this thread pop up a couple days ago and I've not had a chance to come back to it yet! Congrats!!! I knew you told me you were working on your graduation knife, and wow did you deliver. It's been fun watching you become the craftsman you are today. I know you're going to knock my 6" model out of the park when the inspiration is right. Congrats again!!

Thank you! I will definitely give it the same consideration, time and dedication I did for this one and all others I design.

"Men have wasted away before it, entranced by what they have seen, or been driven mad, not knowing if what it shows is real or even possible."

-Dumbledore

Last edited:
Back