• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Chris Martin AKA Phantom Steelworks!

Yeah I’m having a rough time with Chris Martin, It’s been years and he still has my knife!!!

Pretty sure like my money, your knife is gone. Which sucks. He's a piece of trash

Are you in contact with him? I did get an email from him saying he’d sort me out but that was the middle of last year.

Off and on, lots of empty promises and nothing to show for it. I'm in my 4th year of this crap. I hate to give up but it looks like I will have to.

Off and on, lots of empty promises and nothing to show for it. I'm in my 4th year of this crap. I hate to give up but it looks like I will have to.

Screw that, never surrender. Get your $2500 back in harassing him. I'd not be advising that over $25, or $250 even, but $2500? For $2500 dude becomes my "special projects division", lol. I'd have never apologized to his dumb kid either, the little brat. You can tell the crapple didn't fall far from the tree there.

Screw that, never surrender. Get your $2500 back in harassing him. I'd not be advising that over $25, or $250 even, but $2500? For $2500 dude becomes my "special projects division", lol. I'd have never apologized to his dumb kid either, the little brat. You can tell the crapple didn't fall far from the tree there.

I've been contacting him constantly. He replies sparsely if at all. There's not much else I can do.

Loops, I'm not sure what sort of alternate reality some people hail from but where I come from, when you're a pathological liar and thief, it's not the injured party's responsibility to spare said pathological liar/thief's family the realities of their crimes.

If you didnt want your wife and child to know you're a liar and a thief, dont lie and dont steal. You conducted yourself civilly and should be commended for that as I dont think I would possess such grace in the face of a $2,500 loss.

Spare his family the realities of his wrong doings when he showed no regard or remorse when stealing $2,500 from you and yours? That's ludicrous.
I agree!!

I've started to go through the photos on FB he's been tagged in and telling everyone exactly the type of person he is, what he's done and how much he owes me. That got a rise out of him. He offered me a knife to sell or whatever, he didn't give a damn what I did with it. I refused. I re-stated that I want my money.

I posted again on a few more tagged photos. I also emailed him saying it would stop if he gave me the money back. I gave him until the end of April. No money by then and I start posting on his friends/family profiles telling them all about what he's done to me.

I suggest you do the same. Here's his FB profile: https://www.facebook.com/chris.martin.54738943

You can see all the photos he's been tagged in and his friends/family's pages...

Last edited:
I've started to go through the photos on FB he's been tagged in and telling everyone exactly the type of person he is, what he's done and how much he owes me. That got a rise out of him. He offered me a knife to sell or whatever, he didn't give a damn what I did with it. I refused. I re-stated that I want my money.

I posted again on a few more tagged photos. I also emailed him saying it would stop if he gave me the money back. I gave him until the end of April. No money by then and I start posting on his friends/family profiles telling them all about what he's done to me.

I suggest you do the same. Here's his FB profile: https://www.facebook.com/chris.martin.54738943

You can see all the photos he's been tagged in and his friends/family's pages...

Good Job! If all else fails I'd take the knife if I were you though, might be all he has to give you.

My take is that if you have a claim, do it the proper way. There are lots of channels you can take and not have to spend money. I don't like social media campaigns to harass people's family. I know you have been ripped off but come on, doing that doesn't really do anything.

You have clear evidence he owes you stuff because of his own admission, now take that to the proper channels and even with the post master general, because the mail was used to fraud you. ( You sent him a knife ) Using the post to steal is a FEDERAL crime.

You all who have been scammed act like you have zero recourse, but that's simply not true.

My take is that if you have a claim, do it the proper way. There are lots of channels you can take and not have to spend money. I don't like social media campaigns to harass people's family. I know you have been ripped off but come on, doing that doesn't really do anything.

You have clear evidence he owes you stuff because of his own admission, now take that to the proper channels and even with the post master general, because the mail was used to fraud you. ( You sent him a knife ) Using the post to steal is a FEDERAL crime.

You all who have been scammed act like you have zero recourse, but that's simply not true.

I've already tried all of this. No one can help (In fact I was laughed at by the post office and blown off by my local PD). So I'm really at the point where public shaming is all I can do.

I disagree. Scammers take advantage of people's good nature. Chris is a thief. He deserves to be called out. If Chris had not been a thief and dealt with this issue in a professional and ethical manner, none of this would be necessary. Assuming he is accurately stating the situation, Loops is doing nothing illegal. He is letting people know about what Chris has done. Social pressure / public shaming is not always a bad thing, and in this case I totally support it.

I disagree. Scammers take advantage of people's good nature. Chris is a thief. He deserves to be called out. If Chris had not been a thief and dealt with this issue in a professional and ethical manner, none of this would be necessary. Assuming he is accurately stating the situation, Loops is doing nothing illegal. He is letting people know about what Chris has done. Social pressure / public shaming is not always a bad thing, and in this case I totally support it.

Thanks!

Back