Chris Reeve and Captcha

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobconroy75

"Brain Cloud" is real.
BANNED
Platinum Member
Maybe this is old news....I've been out of the game for a bit. I tried to email CRK from their website and asked them (with an appropriate amount of ass-kissery) to consider a new Annual series....maybe an Insingo installment....

I was then forced to spend 10 minutes attempting to appease a bullsh!t Captcha requirement. It would not accept any input that I entered. WTF? Serious rage at the moment!

Tell you what CRK: If you cant' be bothered to consider the desires of "retarded" customers like me that will pay close to $400.00 for a base-level knife (albeight a damned-good knife)...maybe I need to buy somebody else's knives. (Tried a Hinderer and didn't like it.) I have blown 7 grand in the last year buying your steel.

I can't be the only one that is pissed off about this. Again...what the f¨ck? I get the feeling that your position is: "buy the shit we are offering or fu!k off". Is this your official position CRK?

Or, maybe you should just lynch your webmaster. Could be that I'm overreacting.

I hate Captcha entries. I can never read them.

I would not hold that against CRK though. Captcha is pretty popular to weed out bots which otherwise would clog their inbox with spam email.

We should be complaining to Captcha to make it easier for real people to understand them.

This is a bit different than usual. I was prohibited from sending my message. Total f¨ckage. I would complain to Captcha...but I couldn't be bothered to give two sh!ts about what that particular corporation is up to today.

"Dear CrK: I tried to send you an email while simultaneously attempting to give you money. Your Captcha service determined that I am either felonious or evil. Wish I could pay for your services. I love you 'n stuff!"

And...before you think me to be an incompetent twit...I work five days a week in I.T. at a government facility and therefore "know a little somethin' about stuff". CRK's "proverbial sh!t" is broken
My honest hope is that CRK paid no more than $12/hour for said services.

This is a bit different than usual. I was prohibited from sending my message. Total f¨ckage. I would complain to Captcha...but I couldn't be bothered to give two sh!ts about what that particular corporation is up to today.

"Dear CrK: I tried to send you an email while simultaneously attempting to give you money. Your Captcha service determined that I am either felonious or evil. Wish I could pay for your services. I love you 'n stuff!"

And...before you think me to be an incompetent twit...I work five days a week in I.T. at a government facility and therefore "know a little somethin' about stuff". CRK's "proverbial sh!t" is broken
My honest hope is that CRK paid no more than $12/hour for said services.

Well, as impressed as I am when government IT workers spout off about their knowledge, I'm going to have to maybe give you a little advice here. When you go to chrisreeve.com, look down at the bottom of the page. See where it says "crkinfo@chrisreeve.com"? Or, go to the FAQ page and down at the bottom of it in in fairly large print, it says "Don't see what you're looking for? crkinfo@chrisreeve.com". Now here's what I would do; I'd open my email prepare to send a new email, I'd enter "crkinfo@chrisreeve.com" and I'd type out whatever it is I'm wanting to say. Then I'd hit send and wait for a reply. I realize I'm not a government IT worker and all, but it was fairly easy for me figure out how not to have to use captcha and I'm just a redneck farmer.

I realize I'm not a government IT worker and all, but it was fairly easy for me figure out how not to have to use captcha and I'm just a redneck farmer.

Was reading this thread while eating my morning grits till I got to this last line. Needless to say I did a spit take and have to clean up the kitchen... the dog, and two of my four kids.

Was reading this thread while eating my morning grits till I got to this last line. Needless to say I did a spit take and have to clean up the kitchen... the dog, and two of my four kids.

Well if you're wife didn't see it happen, just let the dog clean it up!

Sent from my iPhone using magic

Maybe this is old news....I've been out of the game for a bit. I tried to email CRK from their website and asked them (with an appropriate amount of ass-kissery) to consider a new Annual series....maybe an Insingo installment....

I was then forced to spend 10 minutes attempting to appease a bullsh!t Captcha requirement. It would not accept any input that I entered. WTF? Serious rage at the moment!

Tell you what CRK: If you cant' be bothered to consider the desires of "retarded" customers like me that will pay close to $400.00 for a base-level knife (albeight a damned-good knife)...maybe I need to buy somebody else's knives. (Tried a Hinderer and didn't like it.) I have blown 7 grand in the last year buying your steel.

I can't be the only one that is pissed off about this. Again...what the f¨ck? I get the feeling that your position is: "buy the shit we are offering or fu!k off". Is this your official position CRK?

Or, maybe you should just lynch your webmaster. Could be that I'm overreacting.

Family friendly forum. The language is uncalled for...Even when you try to obscure it.

You can always skip the computer completely, and just call them. They have always been happy to answer any of my ?, but it works better if you also have a friendly attitude. Their answers aren't always going to be great idea, we will get right on that or we can do that, but they try if it works for them also.

FacepalmJesus_zpspbhba1zd.jpg

As I speak in front of the children: "Goodness Gracious!". Death by CAPTCHA...what a way to go.

Could be that I'm overreacting.

^^this! Self awareness is key in life. Sometimes we answer our own questions.

Captcha widgets are not created by CRK. Their web developer would just be using one from the toolbox of whatever platform they used to develop the page. A polite complaint to them that it needs improvement might go further than this rant. I understand we all want to live in an anonymous "clickable" world, alone in our digital misery, but to CRKs endless credit, they are a company of humans who is happy to take an actual phone call, and might even appreciate some constructive feedback on their website (if you are struggling to get in touch with them that way). Each time I have had reason to call them, it's been a nice experience. They are good people, with real blood, hearts, minds, emotions, and all those special human qualities.

I think that this thread has outlived it's usefulness.

If the op wants to start a new thread minus the language, he is more than welcome to do so.

If we could refrain from taunting each other, that would be greaaaaat..Chiclets are not fun for me to give out, no matter what color they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back