Chris Reeve Nyala

My Chris Reeve Nyala came in today. It feels great in the hand all edges are nice and smooth. The edge is super sharp, micarta handle clean and smooth with enough grip to hold on to. File work on the spine seems to me about perfect from your thumb. Awesome blade as I would expect nothing less than perfection from Chirs Reeve's knives.
If your on the fence.... get one you'll love it.

The factory leather sheath is nice but I'm a kydex guy. So I was already working on a few other sheath today and had to make one for the Nyala.
a9c1027b.jpg

a96ddfc9.jpg

Really nice....it's pics like this that make me want to get the 'ol credit card out:)

Just got one myself and concur on its greatness. Anybody who is on the fence about buying one, should go ahead and make the purchase. You won't be disappointed.

It is truly a fixed blade Sebenza.

I got mine a while ago - before the "Idaho Made" stamp - and it's a great knife.

It is truly a fixed blade Sebenza.

I got mine a while ago - before the "Idaho Made" stamp - and it's a great knife.

I am thinking about looking for a used non "Idaho made" model. then again With all the hate about it they might stop with the stamp and in 20 years the knives with the stamp well be more rare...

About the non-'Idaho Made' bearing Nyala's - like my Christmas 2010 present from my wife - the only thing on the knife is the 'CRK' logo by the lanyard hole. Pretty spartan. The build sheet said it was made 12/02.2010 - and is S35VN; 58-59 Rc. Great knife - actually, a real bargain!

Stainz

Yeah it's a great blade. Here's another shot with sheath I just finished up for someone.
I think the tan matches pretty good.
19ca2c20.jpg

I bought one when they first came out. It is probably the most intuitive blade I have ever used. It feels like you are just pointing your finger, you always know exactly where the point is.

I have only dressed out one deer with mine but it felt like I had been using it all of my life.

Yeah it's a great blade. Here's another shot with sheath I just finished up for someone.
I think the tan matches pretty good.
19ca2c20.jpg

And it will be seeing its first use this weekend! Full moon canoe trip is in order. Thanks, Joey

Ive been rocking an Nyala for around 16 months. It really is a great knife. I do carry a Strider MFS or ESEE 3 a little more often though. Like you, I greatly prefer Kydex. My three FBs are actually really comparable. A few days ago I sharpened 7 of my knives at one sitting... these three being in the mix. The Nyala sharpened the easiest, but the other two hold their edge longer... In the case of the MFS.. considerably longer. The Nyala has the most useful blade shape. None of the handles are ideal for me. I prefer any of my folders to any of these three. The Nyala's handle could be nice. It is really long which I love. I'm a die hard CRK fan and a true believer. I really don't like the look of the shrunken handle scales. I love the look of the Antelope (Nyala) spirals on the scales, but don't like the way they feel. Also, IMO, the handle is too rounded.

I can nitpick any knife. The fact that I still have it definitely says something. I just took the path of least resistance here. My list of things I like would be lengthier.

Thanks again for the custom Nyala sheath Joey! Can't wait to get the OD Green version.

Good to see you on the forums Archman!

After reading the recent threads on the S35VN concerns, I took the Nyala into my shop and vigorously exercised it. Doing so raised my level of appreciation for the knife - it can take some abuse.

I got one of the first ones made - and I find that mine holds an edge for a long time.

After reading the recent threads on the S35VN concerns, I took the Nyala into my shop and vigorously exercised it. Doing so raised my level of appreciation for the knife - it can take some abuse.

I got one of the first ones made - and I find that mine holds an edge for a long time.

I have been following all the "S35VN Talk" lately as well and my Nyala is the complete opposite of what other claim. This thing holds an edge exceptionally well, Glad to see yours is too Toyz.

Take it easy

Has anyone dyed - or oiled - their Nyala's OEM leather sheath? Pictures and procedures would be appreciated.

Stainz

Here you go:

P1000237wtmk.jpg

I realize this is a very old thread however I recently bought a nyala and was wondering if you could tell me (us) exactly what you did to get that look on your sheath. It looks amazing.

Back