Christmas 2019

I think we have enough to make it happen. I'll update the original post this weekend with the names of those who have expressed interest along with a deadline for joining. I'm super excited to be a part of this again this year.

Been a little busy the past couple days. Climbing around on a pipe rack at work yesterday morning I dropped my phone. The Otter Box protected the screen and appearance of the phone but the shock of hitting concrete from 30' was too much for the internals. Spent too much time at the phone store yesterday evening. The model I had for less than a year was being dropped by my carrier. The one most similar to it was out of stock. I told them I would think about it. My wife went and got me a new phone after lunch today. She said she didn't like not being able to get in touch with me. I asked if that meant she missed me. She might have rolled her eyes before driving away.
I'll try to update the OP tonight. Any thoughts on a cutoff date for drawing names?

Draw names on Friday the 15th?

also - is this an exchange, or totally random?
i.e. I send a box to one person and get a box from someone else?

My understanding that it was the latter, roughly secret santa style.

Not sure if I can get in on this. Mostly just got back and not sure how work is gonna be. If I take off again I'll have no time to make anything.

I'm okay with drawing names on the 15th if that's good with everyone. Thanks for the input.

My understanding that it was the latter, roughly secret santa style.
It is a random drawing with each "Santa" having the option of remaining anonymous if they desire. It's a very scientific procedure. I assign each participant a card from a standard playing deck. I then scatter the cards face down on the table and have my son pick a card as I read each name off.

Last edited:
Back