Christmas Gift Exchange

finally got my photo hosting problems sorted...

6AF2oEV.jpg

HTf6lmk.jpg

thank you so much Super Secret Spartan Seal Santa!!!

I have quite a bit of doubt as to whether it is even possible for me to have received something so nice

There is no question whether I intend to treasure this.

Won't ever sell. It will never be traded.

Going to use it, and it's basically the perfect pocket sheath knife for me.

My Fiddleback Runt is going to get real jealous about her new competition right quick :) I find this one significantly more comfy in the hand

Last edited:
it's suuuuuuuch a practical knife

and it darn well cuts like the DICKENS :D:cool:

it's sheath is also one of my two favorite --->

and technically I should know considering I may have more sheaths than knives at this point, and I'm not remotely close to any sort of knife drought ;) :rolleyes:

I didn't think it could get any more special to me, but this blade just seems to keep giving and giving...

now a part of my just wants to baby it and keep it safe and prime...

but it's so incredibly practical for suburban-fringe living, there's just no realistic possibility of my not carrying it as one-half of my
EDC blades :)

I still have the original pattern, and have offered it as a monthly special several times, nobody was interested.

well, they just don't know what they're missing!

I cannot recommend this knife enough for a small pocket fixed blade

this model is sooooooo good. and it's actually pretty slicy after I ground the edge bevels to 25* inclusive, convexed and polished the edge

Still have not received my exchange gift yet. Probably show up now that I was looking for it. :D

I have quite a bit of doubt as to whether it is even possible for me to have received something so nice

My Fiddleback Runt is going to get real jealous about her new competition right quick :) I find this one significantly more comfy in the hand

Hiker’s Backup from around 2008-2009, first year of making knives.

My first official model that I offered.

I'm glad you like it! It was my dads. He had a lot of John's knives including a few made to his specs. They've all passed to me and I almost always have one of them with me when I go out to the woods although more and more I just take the Camp Knife I bought from John (the first one he made, IIRC). At 51 I'm not spring chicken either, and I've got so many knives I couldn't use 'em in 20 lifetimes. So while there are a good handful of JKs that I'll never part with I know my dad would be tickled to see a few of them spread out among the JK family. He was pretty well known for his generosity and I intend to keep paying it forward.:):thumbsup:

Still have not received my exchange gift yet. Probably show up now that I was looking for it. :D

I know the post office is very busy, I have another item coming from elsewhere and that's still in transit.

I couldn't hold out any longer, had to see what was inside the box. All I can say is WoW! I love the folder and a man can never have too many Moras. Thanks to my SS and to John for making this happen this year!

That folder is sweet! Who makes those?

Jeff

finally got my photo hosting problems sorted...

6AF2oEV.jpg

HTf6lmk.jpg

What are the knife dimensions? Got any in hand shots? I like the looks of that.

My gift says tm hunt. Im super curious now. We all know im a tracker fan plus kind of stabby or hack knife. The kephart covers my slice knife needs

My gift says tm hunt. Im super curious now. We all know im a tracker fan plus kind of stabby or hack knife. The kephart covers my slice knife needs

If you guess wrong, do I get it back?
Heh.

I mean, yes, Todd makes some nice stuff, one of which did arrive at my house in that box, but it's one I had to promise him first dibs on if I ever let it go.

Back