Christmas Sales for 12/5

Great offerings! I would have grabbed that antler & horn bilton to go with the one I got yesterday if I had been faster. And that fish knife is way cool, ndog!

ems on Chainpuri - just love the looks of this one! And I got the DD!

Great offerings! I would have grabbed that antler & horn bilton to go with the one I got yesterday if I had been faster. And that fish knife is way cool, ndog!

ems on Chainpuri - just love the looks of this one! And I got the DD!

Sorry BOB, but I got to the DOTD like 1.5 minutes after it was posted, so, I was pretty darn lucky this time. I remember you getting the last one, and I was wishing another one would pop up, and I would hopefully be around to get it, guess what, my wish came true!

Nice Chainpuri BTW!

Why hasn't anyone bought that Pen yet:p

I have been pining away for one for the better part of a year. Mine, a Bura, was stolen out of my jeep when I parked it behind my office for a few hours while shuffling cars around. I had that thing for YEARS. It was my go-to back up khuk.

Truth be told, this one looks MUCH better. Lovely lines, nice sweep to the handle, longs of blade to grip ratio...so tempting, but I'm tapped out.

I have been pining away for one for the better part of a year. Mine, a Bura, was stolen out of my jeep when I parked it behind my office for a few hours while shuffling cars around. I had that thing for YEARS. It was my go-to back up khuk.

Truth be told, this one looks MUCH better. Lovely lines, nice sweep to the handle, longs of blade to grip ratio...so tempting, but I'm tapped out.

I concur, the Pen knife is a fantastic blade. I always pack it whenever I pack one of my larger blades, to use as my go to backup, "just in case". As Bawanna once said, it is super as a flapjack flipper!

One odd thing I've noticed is that the knives that everyone talks about in a thread and compliment the most are among the last to sell. I've never quite understood how that works.

I concur, the Pen knife is a fantastic blade. I always pack it whenever I pack one of my larger blades, to use as my go to backup, "just in case". As Bawanna once said, it is super as a flapjack flipper!

I coined the term "Tactical Spatula" many moons ago:p

What just happened? I nod off for a few minutes and presto slamajama. Nice sharking guys. Well done.

ndog stop having the same taste as me !-- great deals and great knives!

What just happened? I nod off for a few minutes and presto slamajama. Nice sharking guys. Well done.

I was wondering where you were... I thought for sure you would be commenting in that antler Bilton.

Nice grab bob... Still waiting for my 18in 19oz Chainpuri to be delivered. Ms Martino shipped it on Monday. I was hoping to see it today but it did not come. Hoping tomorrow will be the day.

Last edited:
EMS on the Seax.

Might have to eat a lot of ramen for the rest of the month...sigh.

At least my sis will feed me over the holidays.:thumbup:

I was wondering where you were... I thought for sure you would be commenting in that antler Bilton.

Nice grab bob... Still waiting for my 18in 19oz Chainpuri to be delivered. Ms Martinez shipped it on Monday. I was hoping to see it today but it did not come. Hoping tomorrow will be the day.

Never heard of this person. You buying Spanish khukuri now? ;) :D

LOL...we got the same taste, I was going to get that one too, but I really liked the combo handle on the Bilton. I love them antler handles.

Don't you have one of those fish knives already? BTW...how is it? I was wondering about its practicality of use.
Oh i missed your question cul. I did get the Dhankute (i thought it was a fish knife) but its getting some tru-oil on the scabbard. Sure is a pretty knife. Ill take some good pics and post as soon as I can get home with some daylight. The handle is very stout and the the pommel is like a big nickel dice suitable for skull crushing which counterbalances the blade nicely. Very interesting feel:p

ndog stop having the same taste as me !-- great deals and great knives!
Gehazi thats a good thing man. We get tired of something and we can always trade something interesting. I know I have three or four of your former blades already.

Sorry Steely, made a newbie mistake, I remember Bawanna saying that he used it to flip pancakes once, so I thought he "coined" the phrase. Sorry bout that.

Yup Steely coined the phrase. I tried it out after his mention of it to confirm he didn't speak with forked tongue. He was right, it works right handy for lots of things.

I split some kindling, flipped them pancakes, cut rope, all kind of stuff.

I think the reason the ones we praise and desire the most are the ones that are just over the monetary amount most folks will spend without thought. Yesterday, if I had the money I would have bought all three of the top ones, that Gelbu and Kobra would have been MINE.

The want is there, the desire is there, it's the money that is sorely lacking and I suspect I'm not alone although I'm sure I'm the leader of the poor pack.

Might have to eat a lot of ramen for the rest of the month...sigh.

Hey! There is nothing wrong with Ramen, if you know what to do with it. Instant noodles can be made into a whole lot of nutitional dishes, at a fraction of cost.

Go get some packeged ham cold meat, vienna sausages, spam, hot dogs or hot links, fried dace with fermented black beans, fermented tofu, hard boiled eggs, Chinese sausages, bok choy, napa cabbage, asparagus, been sprouts, green beans, jicama, broccolli, cauliflower, cabbage, about a dozen instant Ramen presents, and you got meals for weeks.

You don't always need to have it in soup, just boil the noodles, and drain. Get a pot/pan, heat, add oil, a meat, and a veggie. mix/stir, add some soy sauce or oyster sauce, dash of white pepper, dash of sesame oil, and your good to go. I live on the above in college for 4 years, and with all the money I saved, drank my behind off, and bought a used car...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of this person. You buying Spanish khukuri now? ;) :D
Oops... Damn auto correct

I hate posting from my iPhone. This wasn't the first time auto correct got me in a pickle.

My sincerest apology :)

Last edited:
I suspect I'm not alone although I'm sure I'm the leader of the poor pack.

I don't know if you're the leader of the pack, but you sure aren't alone, that's a fact.

In fact, I'll be halfway in the doghouse with kamidog, in a few days...:), unless I can beat the wife to the mail, and sneak the blade into the house somehow...:D

Hey! There is nothing wrong with Ramen, if you know what to do with it. Instant noodles can be made into a whole lot of nutitional dishes, at a fraction of cost.

Go get some packeged ham cold meat, vienna sausages, spam, hot dogs or hot links, fried dace with fermented black beans, fermented tofu, hard boiled eggs, Chinese sausages, bok choy, napa cabbage, asparagus, been sprouts, green beans, jicama, broccolli, cauliflower, cabbage, about a dozen instant Ramen presents, and you got meals for weeks.

You don't always need to have it in soup, just boil the noodles, and drain. Get a pot/pan, heat, add oil, a meat, and a veggie. mix/stir, add some soy sauce or oyster sauce, dash of white pepper, dash of sesame oil, and your good to go. I live on the above in college for 4 years, and with all the money I saved, drank my behind off, and bought a used car...:)

Oh, I wasn't dissing ramen, it's gotten me through hard times before...but I prefer big lumps of meat and a fire.:D

Got the DD on the Seax...I was gonna hold out for a custom, but my willpower was weak. Much shiny, so slicey...I just had to have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back