Cigar smokers, what do you keep going back to

and back from the dead it rises!

i am a newcomer to cigars. i never liked them (though i tried on occasion). they always made me feel blech. but, went fishing with @slg98 this past spring, and after each day fishing, we enjoyed a good smoke, with a good bourbon and good conversation. i guess i finally "got it". now, i quite enjoy cigars. it has been fun trying new ones (they were all new).

i just checked to see if there was a cigar thread, and this is what i found. i will add some pics (and a bit more content) a bit later.

cheers all.

ok, i should at least add a pic. it’s the dead of winter, so i’ve been trying as many of the little cigars as i can (not the cigarillos). per the OP question, i think i can stop looking. i love these little undercrown maduros.

A2DABD97-3447-42D8-9C65-DAE676A51FE9.jpeg

My pipes. I can find better and cheaper tobacco in pipe tobacco form. BUT.... I still smoke the sticks from time to time. My all time favorite were the Miami based La Gloria Cubanas that I could find back in the heyday in the 90's. Sadly, those no longer exist. I still love me some Arturo Fuentes, especially the Opus-X and the Hemingway Classics.

i’ll have to try the fuente’s. don’t think i have yet.

Liga Privada number 9 is my “most smoked” cigar. I only smoke about twenty cigars per year and the number 9 is usually at least five of those twenty.

For me it seems to be the Montecristo #4.

I greatly prefer robustos and pyramides, but a #4 is a fairly quick smoke and a safe recommendation for friends travelling to Cuba to buy for me at the airport or at a govt run cigar store. I always tend to have a bunch in the humidor.

I really like my nubs maduro from Oliva. They are small, but a big smoke 4x60 and loaded with flavor.

Three caveats, A. Haven't smoked one in a long, long time. B. Didn't know a darn thing about them and C. When I did smoke them they were a very occasional treat.

That combination (and their wonderful labels) led me to the Gurkha Grand Reserve when I did indulge.

Cohiba Coronas and Trader Jack's Kickin' Cigars.
H928JrR.jpg

H928JrR.jpg

Phillies. Sources say paperclip in one, plastic bar code in another.

Freakin (removing inner sleeve and repacking) a Middleton Black n Mild is about the best a man on a budget can do for enjoyability to price ratio. :)

I think The Terminator smokes Opus-X...must be good:thumbsup:

I don’t smoke many cigars, but if I do my favourite are Monte Cristo #2 or even better H. Upmann #2. I like the pyramid roll because it lets you decide how much pull you want on the cigar.

The Monte Cristos definitely benefit from the aging and seem to require it more than the Upmanns. Although a well aged Upmann is at the top of my list.

Upmann
HUpmanCigar.jpg

Monte cristo
montecristo2Header.jpg

I've been smoking cigars for a 20 years, seem to constantly change favorites. I like to buy boxes and my humidor is not that big. These are what's in it right now:

Padron 1964 Exclusivio Maduro - my all time favorite
AF Anejo 46 - one that's found it's way into rotation
Oliva V Melanio Robusto Maduro - been a favorite for a long time
Liga Privada T52 - a newer favorite
AJ Fernandez Last Call Maduro - inexpensive and I really like these, a one hour smoke
Cabiguan Guapo Maduro - I'm phasing these out, they're OK but Ill try to add something new

I've been smoking cigars for a 20 years, seem to constantly change favorites. I like to buy boxes and my humidor is not that big. These are what's in it right now:

Padron 1964 Exclusivio Maduro - my all time favorite
AF Anejo 46 - one that's found it's way into rotation
Oliva V Melanio Robusto Maduro - been a favorite for a long time
Liga Privada T52 - a newer favorite
AJ Fernandez Last Call Maduro - inexpensive and I really like these, a one hour smoke
Cabiguan Guapo Maduro - I'm phasing these out, they're OK but Ill try to add something new

i haven't heard of the AJ Last Call Maduro, so i'm going to have to try that. You had me at "inexpensive". and, it seems like we have similar tastes. thanks.

I've never been good at moderation. Truth be told I'm quite impulsive. Thanks to--and based off--this thread and about 30 minutes 'Research' at the top three web retailers for stogies, I placed the following order having little to no cigar knowledge if anyone's interested:

Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduro (×5)
Drew Estate Undercrown Robusto (x5)
Espinosa Comfortably Numb Toro (x5)
Ole Shenandoah Cheroots Bootlegged (×40)
Diesel Unlimited d.5
Gurkha Warpig Belicoso (cigar not knife:D)
Upmann 1844 Reserve Churchill
La Gloria Cubana Serie R No.5
Man O' War Spec. Add. Perfecto Maduro
ACID Opulence 3 Toro (will store separate)
La Aroma de Cuba Immensa
Oliva Serie 'O' Maduro Robusto
Graycliff 30-Year Vintage PG
Flores y Rodriguez 10th Reserva Limitada Gran Toro
:):):)

My uncle n I will have to rank em! He likes Marsh Wheelings, so I might have to be the sole judge.

I've never been good at moderation. Truth be told I'm quite impulsive. Thanks to--and based off--this thread and about 30 minutes 'Research' at the top three web retailers for stogies, I placed the following order having little to no cigar knowledge if anyone's interested:

Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduro (×5)
Drew Estate Undercrown Robusto (x5)
Espinosa Comfortably Numb Toro (x5)
Ole Shenandoah Cheroots Bootlegged (×40)
Diesel Unlimited d.5
Gurkha Warpig Belicoso (cigar not knife:D)
Upmann 1844 Reserve Churchill
La Gloria Cubana Serie R No.5
Man O' War Spec. Add. Perfecto Maduro
ACID Opulence 3 Toro (will store separate)
La Aroma de Cuba Immensa
Oliva Serie 'O' Maduro Robusto
Graycliff 30-Year Vintage PG
Flores y Rodriguez 10th Reserva Limitada Gran Toro
:):):)

My uncle n I will have to rank em! He likes Marsh Wheelings, so I might have to be the sole judge.
ha. you're all in! let me know what you think of those undercrowns. i love em.

I still love Acid, (cigars) and the blondie still my favorite. Don't really enjoy those nasties I figured out. The waffe is new to me and similar to a blondie thats been squished flat.

20180228_164802-1512x2016.jpg

Back